"It's just weird cause it's just the two of us?" Shawn asked.

I nodded, "Yeah I mean the last time we did this. She was inside of me and now she's here but she's at your parents house. It's like part of me isn't here, is that weird?" I asked.

"No not really, she's apart of your life. She is our life but we also have to have us time. I love Melody more than she will ever know but we need time too." He started to tell me, "We rushed into this relationship and I want to do all the right things. Like take you out on dates. Get to know you more than I already do. I want to do the things I couldn't before Melody came along."

I smiled, "Thank you."

"For what?" He asked.

"For coming into my life, I really thought for a moment I was going to be a single parent. That no one would want to love someone who has another mans baby. And then you came into my life and not only have you loved my daughter unconditionally but you are loving me the same. If not you're loving her more but that's completely okay with me." I told him feeling like I could cry.

He grabbed my hand from across the table and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. He had the cutest smile on his face.

"I had never loved someone as much as I love you both. I'm not going to lie it scares me. But everyday when I wake up next to you, everyday when I see that smile on Melody's face. I remember how worth the scare is, and it makes it so much easier to love you both." He said with ease, like it was a second language to him.

My heart filled with bliss and I swear I was going to start crying. But I pushed them down when our food showed up. We let go of each other and started to eat and just enjoy our time together. The restaurant we were at had a area outside where they played music and people danced.

"Come on, let's go dance." I told shawn when we finished eating.

Shawn looked outside and laughed, "No, I have two left feet." He said before taking a drink of his water.

"Oh come on, why do guys never want to dance?" I asked with a pout.

Shawn shrugged, "I will step on your feet Peyton."

"You're so boring." I joked.

We got up after paying for the meal and started to walked out of the restaurant. When we got outside I was going to walk to the car but Shawn grabbed my hand. He pulled me the other way and towards where the music was playing. When we got to the outside part of the restaurant Shawn pulled me to his chest.

"I thought you had two left feet?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands were on my hips.

"I do but I wanted to make you love this date so if it means dancing when I can't then I guess we will dance." He told me with a lazy smile.

I shook my head, "I would have loved it either way but thank you."

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him. He cupped my face to deepen the kiss. It felt passionate and sweet also hot. I pulled away from the kiss remembering we were in public.

"You ready to head back?" Shawn asked.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion, "Already?"

"Yeah I miss Melody." He said with a big smile

"Yeah me too." I laughed.

We left the restaurant and got back to Shawn's parents house. When we walked in it was just Karen in the living room. It was only 10 pm but I could tell his parents were early sleepers. She sat next to Melody who was asleep next to her on the couch. We walked over quietly, I hugged Karen.

"Thank you so much for babysitting, how was she?" I asked and looked to see Shawn already had her in his arms.

"An angel, she really isn't a crier huh?" She asked.

I shook my head, "Nope she's a happy baby."

"How was your guys dinner?" She asked.

"It was nice." I answered.

"Good well I'm going to bed, goodnight." Karen told us as she cleaned up and went towards the stairs.

"Goodnight." I told her softly.

I walked over towards Shawn and looked at my baby. Shawn was staring at her with a soft look it made this night ever more perfect.

"Let's go to bed." I told him.

He finally looked up and smiled.

Tonight was perfect.

•••

So the date was weird at first but not for the wrong reason. Just cause we both knew how different our life became with a kid in it. It's was a good different, but he was right. We need our own time.

Authors Note//
Cute chapters all around hahah
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚