Old Friends

We walked for what seemed to be forever. We exited the forest and we were in a meadow when Bakugou stopped and looked at me. "So, you're part dragon right?" I nodded a little. He's going to sell me. He's going to sell me. He's going to sell me. "I'm guessing that's you are why the East and West Kingdom keep fighting. Is that right?" I gave him a small nod. "So, let me see why they keep fighting over you."

  "Wha-What do you mean?" I backed up and looked behind me. I can still make it to the forest if I run.

  "Let me see your dragon form. I'm a dragon rider, I know what a healthy dragon looks like." He sounded demanding. I didn't want him to hurt me so I complied. I nodded and closed my eyes. Fire, Embers, Scales, Ash Blonde Hair, Beautiful red eyes, wait what? My eyes flew open and I was still a human. Bakugou was staring at me. "Well?"

  "So-Sorry. Let me try again." Fire, Embers, Scales, Dragon things. I opened up my eyes and I saw a smaller version of Bakugou.

  "Woah." He put his hand against my scales and walked across. "You need to eat more." He started to walk out of my veiw. I felt something on my back. "Wow. You have a lot of cuts here." He didn't have the same edge in his voice then when we were in the cave or when I was a human. I turned my head around as much as I could and he looked at me. "What?" He had that edge back. I snorted and shook my head. "Can you not talk?" He asked. I looked back at him silently. "I'm taking that as a no." He looked around my back more before I noticed that his gaze landed on my wings. "Can you fly?" I nodded and stood up. He smirked and sat down. He thinks I'm going to fly.

  I shook him off then turned back to a human. "Hey! What the fuck?!"

  "Well, I couldn't talk as a dragon. And we need to hunt." I told him. "Let's go."

  "You could've warned me. I thought that you were going to take off." He grumbled.

  "I don't feel comfortable flying. It's a long story. Let's get some food a-" While I was talking, Bakugou put his finger to my lips.

  "Sh." He looked around before pulling out a dagger from a sheath on his ankle. He looked at something in the grass before yelling and running deeper into the meadow. I freaked and followed. I noticed that there were two rabbits running for a hole that Bakugou was running to. Oh. A hunting strategy. I knelt down and watched. He crouched down and I couldn't see him anymore. A few seconds later, there were two shrieks that were cut off. Bakugou stood up with both rabbits.

  "Let's go Shitty hair." He told me before we started walking back towards the woods.

----------------

  When we got back, the others were talking in hushed whispers. When we returned, their heads swivled in our direction.

  Sero smiled. "Welcome back guys. What did you catch?"

  Bakugou threw the rabbits on the ground. "Rabbit."

  "What took y'all so long?" Ashido asked.

  "Long story, now cook the rabbits Kaminari." Bakugou sat down where he was.

  "Why me?" Kaminari complained.

  "Because I said so." Bakugou rolled his eyes.

  I sat down near Ashido. I leaned in and whispered. "Is he always so defensive?"

  "Pretty much. He's the one who helped us all get together." She told me.

  "What do you mean by that?" I tilted my head.

  "I mean, he's the one who gathered us all. He saved Kaminari from being thrown overboard by pirates, and he helped Sero when he was caught up in war. He helped me after I got lost in these very woods. We all stuck together since. We don't know his backstory though." She looked at him then back at me. "Waaait a minute, you're kind of familiar." She studied my face. "Speak."

  "Uhh, what do you want me to say?" I asked nervously.

  "It is you! Remember? I helped out at Endeavor's castle! I would talk to you through the door!" She exclaimed.

  "Oh yeah. I remember now!" I smiled, happy that I knew her from a while ago.

  "Wow, I didn't think that you'd be part dragon!" She started to examine the patches of scales on my shoulders and neck.

  "Ashido, calm down. We don't want to scare him." Sero chuckled.

  "Sorry. I couldn't help myself." She chuckled and released me from her grip. "So, are those rabbits almost done?"

  "I don't know. I'm not a good cooker." He said.

  Bakugou opened his eyes and scoffed. "I'll take over."

  "Thanks Bakugou." Kaminari took Bakugou's spot as he got up to finish the rabbits.

  "Yeah, yeah." Bakugou muttered.

  "So, you said that your name was Kirishima, right?" Kaminari asked me.

  "Yep. That's me." I felt a little awkward. I barely hang around people my age and now I'm in a cult-like group where our leader is an ashy blonde defensive cutie.

  "So, where are ya from?" He asked.

  "I can't remember." I responded.

  "Why were you locked up in that cage?" Kaminari asked me.

  "King Endeavor took me from King Tomura's Kingdom. They go back and forth, constantly at war, seeing who would be able to keep me as their prisoner the longest." I explained a little.

  "Oh. So you're valuable?" Kaminari asked innocently. I flinched.

  "Kaminari!" Sero smacked his arm. "I get that you were a pirate but that was cold."

  "What? I was generally asking! I'm valuable too. I was just curious. I wasn't planning on selling a human being." Kaminari defended. I was surprised that he called me a human being. Nobody has called me that before...

  "Still, you don't ask that. It's rude." Sero spoke gently, like he was talking to a seven-year old. Then again, Kaminari acts like a seven-year old from what I've seen.

  "Sorry Kirishima. I didn't mean for it to be rude." Kaminari apologized.

  "It's okay. I'm kind of surprised that you called me a person though." I chuckled nervously.

  "Well, you are one, aren't you? I mean, you look similar to one, minus the scales, tail and mini wings." He bounced his head side to side when he mentioned the last part while having his hand out.

  I chuckled. "I don't know. I've been called a mutant and a dragon but I guess I am part human."

  "Wow. They treated you awfully, didn't they?" Ashido asked me. I nodded. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Well, good thing that we got you out of there huh?"

  "Yeah. Who knows what would've happened if Bakugou hadn't insisted to save you." Sero chuckled.

  "We thought that you were some type of criminal at first, but Bakugou somehow figured out that you're innocent." Kaminari smiled and put his arm around me too.

  "Food." Bakugou called to us. He walked to his chair. "Kaminari, move."

  "Fine." Kaminari got up and Bakugou sat down next to me.

  We all ate in peaceful silence.