Chapter 8

Winterfell - Year 300 - The Night of the Feast - Robb Stark's Chambers

"Robb... you have been staring at me for ten minutes. What did you want to talk to me about?" Robb let out a nervous chuckle as he began to pace in front of her as she sat down on their bed.

"I just... I want to apologize for the other day... I never should have spoken to you like that, I was just worried, and confused, and scared."

"Why were you scared?"

"I thought you didn't want me. I thought that you would leave me for Theon, which is ridiculous, I know, since, we are, you know, married, and you are you and I'm me. And you are loyal beyond belief, I know that. But I thought it anyway. Because we hadn't talked and it had been days since we married, and I just didn't know what was going to happen to us. If we would be able to survive this marriage. And you looked so sad at the feast, and I have seen that face on you more often then not since that night. And I want to help it go away. It hurts to see you like that. So sad..." He had stopped pacing, and was instead kneeling in front of her, gripping her knees in his hands, almost like he was grounding her there, with him.

"Robb... I... I'm sor-"

"No Elia. None of this is your fault, you tried. You tried to talk to me, you did. And I wanted to talk to you. So badly! But the words got stuck in my throat, and I couldn't make them come out. I don't know why, I think, it was because I didn't want to say something wrong, but of course I did that anyway. It doesn't matter though. I want to fix it. Tell me what you want me to do. Anything, I'll do anything to make this right." Elia let a small smile overcome her face as she looked down at the man in front of her.

"Talk to me, that's all. I just want to know you. I want to know the man I married, I don't want to be the wife that doesn't know her husband. What he likes, what he dislikes, I want to know it all. So talk to me, never lie to me, and trust me. I will never hurt you, I couldn't. I gave up the only life I ever knew to come here and be your wife. I am trying to be a lady you can be proud to have as your wife, but it is hard when I feel like I am sleeping in the bed of a stranger." Robb nodded up at her, and let his head fall into her lap, in a very childlike embrace.

"I'll do it. I trust you. You are my wife, and from this day on, you are also my life. You are my Lady. Whether you act like one or not, I care not. Either way, you are perfect, and you don't need to change for me. I promise, we will make decisions together, and we will do this crazy thing called life, together." As he spoke, he moved closer and closer to her face, So slowly that Elia almost didn't notice, before suddenly he was kissing her, hard, passionately. In a way that Elia thought she would never be kissed. She was sure this would never happen for them, but, as he laid her down, she suddenly became acutely aware of how incorrect she had been, how stupid and naive. Of course she was attracted to this man. He was caring, and gentle, but he was strong. Oh so strong. And he showed her, exactly how much she already meant to him that night. Several times, and each time, she found, was better than the time before.

Winterfell - Day Two of The King's Inhabitation of Winterfell - The Broken Tower

"Bran!" Elia screeched as she fell to the side of the broken boy who had his legs twisted unnaturally underneath his body. She looked up, and saw long golden hair fly around through the window before it was gone. Those goddamn Lannisters. She would kill them. But Bran. First, she would take care of Bran.

"Maester Luwin! Help! Bran is hurt!" She screamed out as she cried, trying to maintain her composure as people ran to her side, but she covered the boy with her body, none of them were Starks, none were her family. Robb was gone, gone with the King and Ned, the only people she could trust was the Starks, and Maester Luwin. Luwin came running up next to her a few moments later.