Chapter Thirty-One: The Russian Model

Liliana smiled as she balanced Caleb onto her hip as she watched Cristiano get his hair and make-up done for a photo-shoot; the brunette had joined her boyfriend since she knew that he regretted not having a lot of time for her and Caleb.

The footballer grinned as he lifted his son out of Liliana’s arms and held him close; Liliana could almost hear the other women in the room coo at the sight of the footballer holding his son.

“Okay, people let’s get this over and done with,” the photographer, Nico Barker, said as the Russian model that Cristiano was working with for the shoot appeared.

Liliana smiled as she took Caleb back from his father, she knew that Cristiano wanted her and their son close; it was the only reason that he had insisted that they join him in Los Angeles.

“Cristiano, this is Irina, she’s going to be modelling with you today,” the shoot director, Jose Manuel, said as he introduced the model to Cristiano who nodded.

Liliana pursed her lips as the brunette model flashed a seductive smile at Cristiano, the brunette had the sudden urge to hand Caleb to Jorge and claw Irina’s pretty little face.

“So here is the scene that I want, two lovers out for a beautiful day in the park; they are having a romantic picnic. I want to be able to see the love between you two,” Jose said making the two nod in agreement while Liliana moved to re-join Jorge, who offered her a reassuring smile knowing that this was hard for her.

The shoot began and it was clear that Liliana wasn’t happy about seeing a drop dead gorgeous Russian model draping herself all over her fiancé.

It wasn’t any surprise to the brunette that the pictures weren’t any good and definitely weren’t what Jose has asked for.

The pictures were completely off theme, there was nothing in the pictures that Liliana could see that screamed love; it seemed to be more focused on lust, which the brunette knew was from Irina.

Nico looked at Jose, who must have agreed with Liliana’s thoughts as he shook his head and frowned.

“Hmmm, what do you think of them?” Nico asked as Jorge licked his lips as Cristiano moved slightly away from Irina, who frowned at his action.

“Honestly…they are more sexual then love,” Jose said shaking his head, Liliana nodded in agreement as she made sure that Caleb was out of the sun; the little boy whimpered as he held out his hands wanting his father.

“We’re taking a short break,” Jose called allowing Cristiano to return to his family, he scooped his son out of Liliana’s arms and held him close; he smiled at her knowing that this wasn’t easy for her.

“So what did he say?” Cristiano asked, making Jorge shake his head while Irina glared at Liliana who ignored her.

“It’s not working for him,” Jorge said while Liliana cooed over Caleb slightly before Cristiano turned his attention to her; he kissed her lips slightly and smiled at her.

“Hola,” Liliana said making Cristiano grin as she kissed his lips, her brown eyes locked on his before Cristiano kissed Liliana again.

“That’s it,” Nico said making Jose jump while Liliana and Cristiano looked confused, they hadn’t even realised that he had been watching them.

“What’s it?” Jose asked confused before Nico rolled his eyes and turned him to look at Liliana and Cristiano, the couple stared at the two men wondering what was going on here.

“The look that we want for the photo shoot, why didn't we think of that before?” Nico said as a smile formed on his face as he looked between the couple; it was fast becoming clear what Jose had noticed.

“Laura, take Ms. Perez to hair and make-up,” Jose said making Liliana open her mouth in protest, Cristiano chuckled as he watched his fiancée being ushered away while Irina stared speechless as she realised that she was being kicked off her own photo shoot.

It wasn’t long before Liliana was back wearing a white vest that hugged her figure paired with midnight blue designer flared jeans and a set of black high heels.

Cristiano grinned at the sight of his fiancée as he handed Caleb over to Jorge before he wrapped his arms around Liliana; it was clear that this would work a lot better than with Irina.

***

Bouncing Caleb on her lap, Liliana watched as Jorge spoke with Nico and Jose about the shoot, which had gone better than expected when she had taken over from Irina; Cristiano was sat next to her waiting for his agent to return.

“He’s beautiful,” said a voice making Liliana still as she held Caleb closer, Cristiano glared at the Russian model that had approached him and Liliana.

It was clear what Irina wanted and Cristiano wasn’t interested, he had Liliana and their son and that was all that he had ever wanted.

“He looks like you Ronaldo,” Irina said as she admired Caleb, her green eyes tracing the infant’s body before she pursed her lips and looked at Cristiano; she didn't know what he saw in Liliana, the brunette had nothing on her.

“What is it you want Irina?” Cristiano asked annoyed as he glared at Irina, he knew what she was playing at and knew that it wasn’t going to end well at all if she attempted anything around Liliana.

Staring at Cristiano for a moment, Irina realised that he wasn’t going to fall for her usual tricks; she had read enough about the couple to know that he wasn’t going to be easy to trick and get what she wanted.

Liliana frowned at Irina who was now staring at her, Cristiano suddenly moved closer to her and glared at Irina; he didn't like how much attention she seemed to have for his fiancée and son.

“I just wanted to see your son… the papers haven’t gotten a picture of him yet,” the Russian said as Liliana looked at her warily, she didn't know what it was but she was on edge now that Irina seemed interested in Caleb.

“Well now that you’ve seen him, why don’t you leave now,” Cristiano said as he stepped in front of his fiancée and blocked Irina’s view of the infant; a couple of people looked at the footballer, but no one moved to intervene.

The Russian stared at the footballer, she had a feeling that she’d have to wait until Liliana was out of the picture; she wanted to use Cristiano to boost her career and she couldn't do that if Liliana was in the picture.

“Of course,” Irina said before she turned on her heel and strutted away, Liliana got to her feet and stepped around Cristiano as she watched the Russian leave; she had a feeling that this wasn’t the last time that they would be seeing Irina.

Cristiano turned his attention to Liliana, his hand resting on Caleb’s back as she stepped closer to him; it was clear they both sensed that this wasn’t over between them and Irina.

Liliana looked at Cristiano, she didn't want to lose him to someone like Irina; the footballer brushed a strand of hair from her face before he kissed Liliana.

Nico smirked as he looked at the couple and their son as he pulled out his camera and snapped at picture of them; he had a feeling that this would complete the perfect shoot that they had just had.