Chapter Twenty-Six: Welcome to the World

Cristiano raised an eyebrow at Dr. Tomas when she returned wearing a green gown, gloves and a plastic face shield while one of the nurses prepped Liliana; her nightie had been pushed up over her hips, her white robe had been removed and she had a surgical sheet covering her lower body.

“Is this going to be messy?” Cristiano asked confused making Dr. Tomas chuckle and nod, the Portuguese felt Liliana squeeze his hand in comfort before he turned his attention to her.

“Okay, Liliana on the next contraction I need you to start pushing,” Dr. Tomas said making the brunette nod as she prepared to push her son into the world, Cristiano gently gave her hand a small squeeze before her contraction started.

Liliana pushed as she tried to ignore the strange feeling that weld up inside of her as she started to push her son into the world.

Cristiano winced at the amount of pressure that his fiancée applied to his hand; he knew that it was only a fraction of the pain that Liliana was actually feeling.

“You are doing great Liliana… I can see the head,” Dr. Tomas encouraged her, the brunette grunted in response as she pushed again; the sooner the head and shoulders were out the easier things would be for her.

Cristiano allowed Liliana to squeeze the hell out of his hand; he wanted to help her in any way that he could.

“Come one nena… I know you can do this,” Cristiano urged her making the brunette push harder as Dr. Tomas announced that the head was out.

Cristiano rubbed Liliana’s as she gave one big push before there was a cry that filled the room, the brunette rested back into Cristiano’s arms as he kissed her softly; he couldn't believe that he was finally a father.

“Señor Ronaldo, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?” Dr. Tomas asked making Cristiano look at her and nod, he couldn't believe how much liquid the midwife was covered in and that it had come out of Liliana.

The Portuguese moved away from his fiancée and was given the sight of his newborn son for the first time; Cristiano felt something instinctually come over him as Dr. Tomas told him where to cut on the umbilical cord.

As soon as Cristiano had done so he returned to Liliana’s side and kissed her, the brunette smiled up at him tiredly as he stroked her hair;

“Obrigado,” Cristiano murmured as he kissed her again before Dr. Tomas finally handed the newborn to his mother.

“Congratulations… he’s a healthy 6ib 9ozs,” the midwife told the couple as Cristiano smiled down at his son; he couldn't believe that he was finally here. “Do you have a name for him?” Dr. Tomas asked as she watched Cristiano wrap an arm around Liliana’s shoulders as the brunette admired their son.

“Caleb Luis Ronaldo dos Santos Perez,” Cristiano said making Dr. Tomas nod as she moved away to fill out the paperwork and allow the couple some time with their new born.

***

Liliana was a little more comfortable once she’d been able to change from her messy lilac nightie into her blue floral print nightie; she had also put her dressing gown back on as she watched Cristiano with their son.

“I don’t think I ever want to put him down,” the footballer mused making his fiancée smile at him gently; the two of them were aware that the rest of the world knew that Liliana had gone into labour and were awaiting news about the birth of Cristiano Ronaldo’s child.

“You’ll have to at some point, he has needs that you can’t help him with,” Roberto said as he entered the hospital room with Dolores, the two had come to meet their grandson and to see how the couple were doing.

“So what did you finally decide to call him?” Dolores asked as she watched Cristiano had her grandson back to his mother, the Portuguese sat on the bed next to his fiancée; his eyes not leaving the newborn in his fiancée’s arms.

“Caleb,” Liliana replied as she settled the newborn in her arms, Roberto cooed softly over his first grandchild; he couldn't wait to spoil him when he was a little older.

“Cris… why don’t you go home and sleep for a bit? You look tired,” Liliana said softly making Dolores glance at her son as Liliana handed Caleb to her father; the brunette knew that her fiancé was just as tired as her.

However Cristiano had no intention of heading home while his fiancée was still in hospital, he wanted to be here every moment that he could before the medical staff had to throw him out.

“I’ll sleep in the chair… I’m not leaving either of you here,” Cristiano said making Roberto chuckle as he looked at the Portuguese; he knew that the footballer wanted to be here for Liliana and Caleb, but he doubted that he’d be able to do much now for either of them.

“So how are things for the wedding going? You get married in about a month,” Dolores said knowing that there was likely to be an argument if she didn't intervene now, Liliana was exhausted and so was Cristiano; they both didn't do well when either of them hadn’t slept well.

Cristiano smiled at the thought of the wedding.

“I think I have everything sorted… the only thing left is Liliana’s wedding dress,” Cristiano said pleased with himself; he had already arrived to see someone about that and he was seeing them next week.

***

Natasha cooed softly as she looked down at Caleb, she couldn't believe that Liliana was finally a mother; she looked at her best friend as the brunette spoke with Daniella about the birth.

“So have you learnt anything about your wedding?” Nadia asked as she looked at Caleb making Liliana glance at her; Natasha and Nadia hadn’t been happy to hear that Cristiano was the one organising their friend’s wedding

. Daniella was the only one to think that what the Portuguese was doing was sweet; the other two had tried to talk Liliana out of letting him do it.

“Nothing… he’s going wedding dress shopping next week, so I guess I’ll get to see my dress soon,” the brunette replied hopefully, she was trying to ignore her friends negative thoughts but it was becoming increasingly hard now that she had Caleb.

However before Nadia could say anything, someone Liliana wasn’t expecting to see walked into the hospital room; the brunette licked her lips nervously while Natasha glared at the figure.

“Madre… what are you doing here?” Liliana said as she glanced at Natasha who moved to collect Caleb from his bed and passed him to his mother.

“I thought I’d come and see my first grandchild, since you forgot to invite me to the birth,” Justine said stiffly as she looked at Liliana’s friends for a moment; she furrowed her brow in disgust as her cold brown eyes finally settled on the small bundle that Liliana was holding.

Stephanie stood a few feet behind their mother, her eyes focused on her sister; she couldn't believe that she’d had to find out about the birth of her niece or nephew from the news.

Liliana looked at her friends, silently asking them to give her a moment with her mother and sister as well as asking them to track down Cristiano; whatever her mother wanted it couldn't be good.