Accidental Dad Joke! (by redroomacademy)

So @redroomacademy , said to post one of their one-shots on here! And here it is! Make sure to check out their profile, follow them, and read there amazing one-shots, cuz they also have a A One-shot book!

Now let's get on with the one-shot!

-----------------------

Peter was exceptionally excited to finally get to go to the tower after a long day of school. The day was as long as it usually gets, you know, with being bullied by Flash and all that jazz.

Today was especially hard though, since flash stole peter's lunch money that morning. Technically, he should have seen it coming, since flash said he would, but that's besides the point.

Peter didn't get to eat anything during lunch, so his stomach ached and growled all throughout his final classes of the day.

As soon as the last bell had rang, peter bolted out of his classroom and into the parking lot. His copper colored eyes impatiently scanned his surroundings for Happy's car. When he finally found it, he speed-walked over to it and hopped in.

"Hey Happy! How are you, today?" Peter breathed as he buckled his seatbelt.

He received a grunt in response, signalling that his question had been somewhat answered.

They spent the remaining car ride in silence, since peter didn't really want to annoy the older man any more than he already had.

When they arrived at their destination, peter hopped out the car with his bag in hand and started the journey to Tony's lab.

*minor time skip*

"Hey Mr. Stark," peter greeted, before setting his backpack down.

He walked over to what Tony had been working on, as his blasting AC/DC song lowered to a normal volume.

"Hey kiddo," tony greeted back, "How was school today? Do you have any homework?" ew, i sound like a mom, he thought.

"Yeah, but that can wait, i need to fix my web shooters. Last night i accidentally-"

"Ah, ah, ah," tony began "your homework comes first. Then, you can work on your web shooters when you're done."

Peter groaned and tilted his head back in annoyance. "Fine," he muttered, before pulling out his physics homework (due tomorrow.)

He absent-mindedly answered the questions on his sheet, while the two worked in silence. A low growl escaped from peter's stomach. Crap, he thought, he forgot he hadn't eaten lunch.

"I'm hungry," peter pouted.

Without missing a beat, tony retorted with "hi hungry, i'm dad."

It took them both a few moments to register what just happened, but when they did, they froze. The billionaire was mortified. He had never been one to show affection, let alone towards the people he actually cared about.

In all honesty, if either of them were to slip up and call the other a father/son figure, they both probably thought it would have been peter. Stupid paternal instincts.

Anyway, both stood with wide eyes, neither of them daring to glance at one another. Who wouldn't feel awkward in a situation like this? I mean, tony stark thinks of you as a son, that's pretty wack.

The older man reluctantly cleared his throat, " uhh, d-do you want to order some take out or so-something?" wow tony, can't even get through a whole sentence without stuttering, he thought. That's supposed to be peter's thing.

Luckily, peter actually answered, "yeah, just our usual," he whispered, with a hint of a smile on his face. He was secretly glad the genius had slipped up, because that just meant he wasn't crazy. I guess dad jokes can't be so bad, he thought.

-----------------

(OH BUT THEY ARE TONES, THEY ARE...) *gives tones creepy smile*

T: Uuuuhhhh... Where did you come from?!

(OH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS THE FOURTH WALL IS BROKEN!!!) *grabs tape*

(NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!!) *whistles while taping the wall*

T: uuuhhh okay then...

----------------- 

Well, thats it! Make sure to follow @redroomacademy !

See you later!

Go Spooder Demons! 🕸😈🕷😈🕸