Peter Stark and the Lame Field Trip cissathebookworm

"Rumors are flying that when Tony Stark moved to New York he brought with him a high school aged son who is reportedly attending Midtown High. While there is much that suggests that Stark does indeed have a son, there is no concrete evidence and everything is left up to speculation. " A reporter on a local New York morning show told Miss Kelly's current events class at Midtown High. " In other Avenger-related news, Captain America was videoed helping a young girl get her ca- "

Peter slunk down in his seat as the reporter talked about him. Yeah, he was Tony Stark's kid, and yeah, he moved to New York with his dad after the shitstorm that was the Battle of New York. His dad had allowed him to pick what school he wanted to go to and Peter had chosen Midtown because it was known as a school with a good math and science program as well as it was rather close to Avengers Tower.

He had thought that he could fly under the radar, but apparently some shark reporters had picked up on his dad having a kid. He wondered who had leaked that important bit of information and how quickly they had gotten fired. Peter mentally shrugged, that wasn't his problem and he had known for years now that eventually someone would figure out that Tony Stark had a kid.

Peter started to mentally prepare himself for that press conference. Better to start preparing now than get caught up and anxious about what he was going to say later, even if he could con his dad into doing all the talking. Like that would be hard to do anyways, his dad loved the sound of his own voice. Peter's mind drifted as his classmates talked about the supposed 'rumors.' Eventually the bell rang and he practically bolted from his seat and all but ran to his next class: science. Well it wasn't called pain ol' science, but he currently couldn't remember the correct name for it. It was Science 500 or Advanced something majig. Peter shrugged, it was science, who cares what it was called.

"Hello Peter!" The teacher, Mr. Rockwell, greeted Peter as he glided into the room.

"Hey Mr. Rockwell!" Peter smiled at the teacher, he actually liked Mr. Rockwell. "What do we have planned for today?"

"Well, I have a surprise." Peter leaned forward in anticipation and looked expectantly at Mr. Rockwell. The teacher chuckled and shook his balding head, "You'll have to wait and find out with the rest of the class!"

Peter waited impatiently as the rest of the class filed in, some riding in right as the tardy bell was ringing. Peter mentally glared at Flash while smiling happily at Gwen. "Hey." Peter commented to her.

"Peter." Gwen sent a sweet smile his way, "How are you today?"

"I'm cool." Peter gives her a shrug, "You?"

"Excellent." Gwen giggled, "Did you hear the rumors about Tony Stark having a kid?"

"I did....it's interesting." Peter replied, sounding pained.

"I know! Imagine all the incredible things they get to see everyday!" Gwen gushed, she was about to continue on her mini tirade, but Mr. Rockwell, to Peter's immense relief, called the class to attention. Peter mentally started to plan what he was putting in his teacher's fruit basket for getting him out of an awkward conversation.

"So I have a huge surprise for you guys!" Mr. Rockwell sent a blinding smile to his students, "I managed to get a tour booked for the labs at Stark Tower!" The class erupted in excited chatter, "I talked it over with the office and they have excused you all for the remainder of the morning so we can tour the labs today. Now hurry up, we have a bus waiting for us in the parking lot!"