Chapter 19

Recently, Karma has been down. The usual mischievous glint in his eyes were gone. His smirk was gone.

His smile was gone.

3-E noticed the changes in Karma, and tried many times to make him open his heart to them, but nothing worked. All he did was stare ahead and brush them off with a simple, "I'm fine."

To think it would affect him this much, Karma didn't know himself. He didn't bother checking his messages, nor did he bother to try and find out what went on in Asano's head. All he knew was that it hurt, like he was being stabbed with a poison-coated knife repeatedly.

"Asano wants me to die..?" Karma muttered to himself softly during class. He had his arms crossed and used them as a pillow to support his head.

Usually, he would be skipping, but he didn't want Asano to find him. He didn't want to be ridiculed.

'I'm such a moron. Him? The Ou-sama, walking up the mountain just to ridicule me? Impossible.'

'I'm just afraid.'

'This sucks. Never knew it would hurt like a bitch when it comes from him.'

Yes, Karma has taken many insults face to face before. But none of them ever really hurt him like this.

"Karma-kun? What's wrong?" Koro-sensei slithered over and asked with his usual permanent smile. How can he remain so god damn happy?

"I heard you mutter something but I wasn't sure."

Fucking teacher and his superhuman hearing.

"It's nothing," Karma replied softer than ever, without latching and insult behind or trying to assassinate the creature.

But his teacher decided to pry.

"Karma-kun, if there's anything bothering you, it will better if you let it all out instead of bottling it-"

"I SAID IT'S NOTHING!! WHY ARE YOU SO INSISTENT ON KNOWING?!" Something in Karma snapped, because the next thing he knew, he was shouting. He had stood up quickly and slammed his hands on the table.

Koro-sensei let out a yelp of surprise and jumped a little, while everyone watched in astonishment.

Karma looked so fierce, nobody dared to even make a sound.

"If you want to know SO BADLY," Karma yelled, drawing the attention of everyone.

"SOMEBODY, WHO I CARE OH SO MUCH ABOUT,"

Everyone leaned in.

"TOLD ME TO FUCKING DIE!"

Gasps were heard throughout the classroom. Koro-sensei's face darkened, not because of his dear student's choice of wording, but mostly because of that imbecile who had the nerve to curse his student.

"And may I know who that person is?" Koro-sensei asked patiently, though everyone knew he was on the verge of exploding in anger.

The red-head sighed, hesitating. He didn't want to admit it, but he couldn't bring himself to hate the strawberry-blonde. So at the least, he wanted to protect his first love from the wrath of the octopus.

"Karma!"

The door was forcefully flung open, and behold, it was Asano. He was panting from exhaustion, eyes set on Karma with a look of determination.

By then, Koro-sensei had already made his way out of the classroom and back in a disguise.

"What do you want, you fuck-"

"Come with me!" Asano grabbed Karma's arm and tried to pull him out of the classroom, but since the two had similar strength and physique, both of them didn't budge.

"Let go..!" Karma shouted as he struggled. He raised his hand, trying to punch the strawberry-blonde and get him off, but was caught with Asano's other hand.

"It's not what you think it is," Asano cut Karma off before he could start. He walked over to the red-head's table and stared at him earnestly.

"Then what?" The latter folded his arms and snapped impatiently. His heart ached at the sight of Asano, and he wanted to get this over with quickly.

Then he could run.

"It wasn't me who told you to die, it was a girl from 3-D! Didn't you read my text?" Asano desperately explained. "It was that thot Inobi!!" (Remember Inobi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

"Hahahahaha, no."

"I left my phone unlocked, okay? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

3-E was pretty much gaping at the sight of the egoistical student council president, desperately apologizing to the delinquent he supposedly hates.

So Nakamura decided to film it for laughs.

Karma felt his heart soften, because of how sincere Asano looked. He had a faint blush on his cheeks because of the humiliation he had to suffer, apologizing in front of 3-E, but otherwise, he wouldn't be able to get through Karma.

Then again, Karma felt like being difficult.

"Then prove it to me!!" He childishly puffed his cheeks up.

"Prove what?"

"That you don't want me to die."

"E-Eh? How?" Asano took a small step back and sweat dropped. "Isn't this enough..?"

"So you want me to die! FINE I WAS ON THE VERGE OF CUTTING MYSELF ANYWAYS-"

"AhHHH!! OKAY!! OKAYY!!" Asano clamped his hands on Karma's mouth and anxiously shouted.

(Can you see the amusement on 3-E's face)

"I'll buy you that PS4 game you wanted, so don't kill yourself," Asano grumbled.

Karma cracked a smile and nodded, petting Asano's head to the younger boy's dismay.

"Then, I won't be dying anytime soon~!"

The mirth in his tone was once again back, and everyone was relieved.

At least, this misunderstanding was cleared up.

<><><>
[Omake]

After Asano left...

"So Karma, when you said someone you cAreD oH sO mUch abOut told you to die, you were referring to Asano-kun, weren't ya'?" Rio wiggles her eyebrows and slid her arm across Karma's shoulders, showing him a picture of Asano and him fighting.

"Oh," Karma blurted out. His face went blank and poker, like Koro-sensei as color drained from his face.

"maYBe-"

"Are you two dating?"

"nO buT I'm waiTing for An anSwe-"

"NAGISA WHERE'S MY MONEY AT"