Chapter 13 - Part 2

Start from the beginning

It had been a daydream, wishful thinking which had materialised into reality. But in real life it had been so different. Love hadn't been enough. It hadn't been enough for us to survive the emotional stress of my surgery and my subsequent memory lost.

I watched hypnotised Adonis took a seat while playing his guitar. Closing my eyes I allowed myself to feel my love for him. Tomorrow I would start to move forward with my life. It was time to stop living in limbo hoping I would regain my memory. It might never happen and then I would have wasted time I could have spent experiencing all life had to offer.

Adonis' voice lifted my heart as he sang of love. My heart inflated with a deeper emotion and I was spellbound. Every small action he made held me captivated. I couldn't look away if I tried.

I wanted to mourn what I couldn't remember but I how could I if I'd never experienced it.

A cold shiver vibrated through me and the hairs on my arms stood up. Clasping my arms around my waist I continued to listen.

By the time he ended the song I was feeling more emotional. The crowd screamed and my heart fluttered when Adonis stood up and gave them a wide dimpled smile.

Letting go of his guitar so it hung around his neck by the harness he took the mic from the stand. Before he said a word he turned his head to where I stood just out of sight from the crowd. Our eyes connected briefly before he turned his attention back to the crowd.

"Letting that someone special in your life know that you love them is important," he began to say. The crowd quietened a little as Link and Sage shared a puzzled look.

"I have someone special in my life," he revealed and the crowd went nuts. Screaming and chanting. "Loving someone isn't always easy. There are ups and downs but the moment I fell for her my life became extraordinary."

My fingers went to my mouth as I gasped. Extraordinary.

I remembered that word.

My hand dropped and I murmured the word out aloud.

"Extraordinary."

I could hear Adonis still talking in the background but was I was too fixated on the strangeness I was experiencing to concentrate on what he was saying.

"Are you okay?" A voice beside me asked.

It was Sam.

"I..."

I wanted to say I was fine but words failed me.

Extraordinary. The feelings attached to that word were overwhelmingly, like a whirl of water surrounding me blocking in the world outside. My heart sped up and it was beating to loudly I could hear it thumping in my ears.

A hand touched my arm and I looked at the face of a concerned Sam. His mouth was moving but I heard nothing.

"Loving you has been the best thing that I've ever experienced and I wouldn't wish it away for anything. Who wants normal? The moment I fell for you my life became extraordinary," Adonis argued softly.

Feeling dizzy and overwhelmed I touched my hand to my temple. The memory was familiar but still felt out of place.

"I'm not going to change my mind," I stated. Adonis let out a deep sigh and looked out the window. I watched him for a few moments. He seemed to be staring but not seeing what was in front of him.

"You're tearing me apart," he whispered.

I felt my heart ache inside my chest. That was one of the hardest moments I'd ever experienced. Hearing the hurt in his voice and seeing the vulnerable side of him that few saw. It was the first time I saw the pain he was suffering because of me. I wanted to reach out my hand and brush my fingers against his cheek and tell him everything would be okay. Something in me wanted to ease his pain, no matter the cost. I wanted to tell him I would do anything to stop his pain.

"Gray?" I asked, panicked at what was happening.

My legs buckled beneath me but I didn't fall.

"I'm here."

It was Adonis. His concerned eyes on me. My hands bunched his shirt needing him to stop me from falling. My eyes widened in alarm.

"What did he say?" Adonis asked softly but more insistent. My emotional meltdown was scaring him. "I need to know how bad it is."

"I'm sick...," I managed to whisper still trying to keep myself from crying hysterically.

"Someone call an ambulance," Adonis yelled.

One after the other hit me, overwhelming me.

I watched Adonis' face for any emotions but he kept his feelings hidden under an indifferent expression while he took in Reece's words.

"You can't do both. Pick one and stick with it," she added. She gave me a look before she faced him again. "You don't get to walk away and then pretend she is still yours."

Fearing he'd leave me I tightened my hold on his shirt.

"Don't leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere." Adonis said softly. "I'm here with you."