Chapter Sixty-One: The Reason Comes Out

Start from the beginning

As I walked away from Ashanti while still looking at her I didn't notice a person was coming my way. I bumped into him causing us both to fall onto each other. I quickly recognized those humble sweet hazel eyes. I noticed he had dark circles under his eyes as if he hadn't slept for days.

Jazmin- Sorry I uh..I should've seen where I was walking..

Miles- It's alright...but are you okay?

Jazmin- Yeah I am..(He got up and then helped me up)

Miles- I um...Got invited by Jean...I hope you don't mind...

Jazmin- Why would I mind?

Miles- It's your house..

Jazmin- Don't be silly Miles...It's the same house you would always come into..

Miles- It's the same house you kicked me out from..

Jazmin- Are we really gonna do this?..Cause I have a lot to say too.

Miles- No we aren't...because it doesn't matter anymore. Excuse me..I'm going to go look for Jean..

He walked passed me and didn't look back. I took in a deep breath and walked back inside the house. I needed some time alone and the perfect place to be was where my daughter slept. I held her blanket that still smelled like her over my cheek. As I stood by the window of Aquamarines room I noticed Miles talking to Amy. I wasn't sure if he was going to show up. However I knew eventually I would see him but I never expected to seem him under so much distress. It was obvious he was hurting a lot more then I was and that bugged me. I wanted to clear things out with him but after the conversation we had it was clear he didn't want to talk things through.

He didn't care or at least he tried not to show it. I felt pain throbbing in my heart. He was once such a caring person and suddenly like a snap of a finger he changed his attitude towards me. It was because of him we were distant. Yet he never took the time to try to explain his sudden choice of leaving. After the argument that ended things between us. The days passed by and I impatiently waited always hoping he would come back to at least see Aquamarine. That would show me he really did care and I was wrong for doubting him but he never showed. Even when I bumped into him he didn't bother to ask about her. A tear fell from my eye as the thought of Miles not caring about my daughter crossed my mind.

Jean- May I come in?

Jazmin- (I cleared my throat and wiped the tears off my face)....Sure come in..

Jean- *Smiles....The party is downstairs you know?

Jazmin- Yeah...I just...

Jean- You miss Aqua..

Jazmin- I do...A lot...

Jean- She'll be back later on tonight though..Cheer up Jaz...

Jazmin- (He hugged me warmly while I smiled at him)...It's not only that...

Jean- What's wrong?..

Jazmin- You know what...I rather not talk about this with you if you don't mind...

Jean- It's about Miles ain't it?..Listen Jaz only because I'm best friends with him doesn't mean I'm a lesser friend to you...I know what's going on..He told me everything..

Jazmin- ...Then can you tell me??..Cause I've been going crazy this past month trying to wrap my head around all this!..Jean if he is afraid of making a commitment with me and my daughter then he should just come out and say it!..Instead of leaving me all clueless!