46. Emotional war

Začít od začátku

- He's in Toll. It's near the border. A bar called . It's on Highway 41, admits the woman, giving up too easily for my taste. Tears are rolling down her face as well, making those two women crying.

- Thank you my love, I thank and smile. I turn to the blondy and touch delicately her hair. Now, may my friend come in?

- Yes, cries the first woman. The other woman looks terrified as Stefan walks in.

- Kill this one quickly, I tell to the Salvatore as I push the girl to him. I look at the other woman who is still standing by the front door. And make that one suffer, I walk passed them and grab the handle of the door. I'll be in the car, I smile to the two crying women before closing the front door, letting Stefan doing the job.

- Please don't! I hear the first one saying. Suddenly, screams of pain are heard. I smile, satisfied as I walk to the car and wait for my partner to come back.

Elena s P.O.V.

I stare blankly at the wall in front of me as I stay layed on my bed. That's what I've been doing for weeks. Actually for two months. I miss him like crazy. It's like life is gone around I, everything I see, everything I do is black and white. I blank which suddenly made me come back to reality. The morning sun is already shinning. I sigh and sit up before getting out of my bed without any enthusiasm. This is just another day going. I walk over to the window and open my curtains before getting ready for the day.

After getting dressed, I hear my phone buzzing. It's Matt telling me that Jer is late for work. Great! I walk over to my little brother's bedroom to discover that he is still asleep. I'm not very surprised. I roll my eyes and step into his bedroom to go to his curtains. I hold up my hands, take a deep breath and then pull his blue curtains wide open, letting the sunlight shining on Jer's face to wake him up.

- Aaahh! Early. Bad! complains my little brother as he hides his eyes from the light with his hands.

- Ahh. It's not early, I walk to his bed and pull his cover off. You're late, for work. Matt just called, I start walking out of his room as Jeremy looks at the time before sighing.

- Well, maybe he'll fire me, comments Jer which caused me to crack a smile.

- Aim high, I answer him as I exit his bedroom to go downstairs where Alaric is.

Caroline's P.O.V.

- What are you doing? questions my human brunette best friend over the phone as I walk through the town Square with shopping bags.

- Just shopping for the party you're trying to bail out on, I answer, smirking to myself.

- I never said yes in the first place, corrects Elena.

- You were never going to which is why I planned it anyway. And my mom wants you to call her, I tell her.

- Did she find something? questions Elena, sounding almost like a whisper even though we are on the phone. I know her by heart.

- An animal attack in Memphis. It's the third one this week in Tennessee, I announce to the brunette as I keep walking my way.

- And you're sure it's a vampire? asks Jeremy's sister.

- Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's Klaus.

- Doesn't mean it's not, insists Elena on defending Stefan. I'll call her.

- Well call her on her cell, I tell her as I see Tyler coming. I smile to my friend.

- Tell her thank you for her help.