Ying Lu lowly laughs as she ridicules, "Just don't know who it is you're wanting to see."

Meng Shao Jue shows a seeming smile, not saying a word as he turns and leaves.

"Ah-Lan." Ying Lu is full of smiles, "Brother's eyes are practically about to stick onto your body."

I just lightly respond: "En."

She thinks nothing of it as she shakes her head, "You sure are calm about it."

I hook up the corners of my lips, without any happy means, should I not be calm, then could it be that I should happily go and welcome him?

Truly a joke.

Ying Lu stays with me for another sichen before preparing to leave, but in this moment, Qing Ya comes carrying in a tray, gracefully smiling when she sees us: "Young Lady, Young Lady Lan."

Ying Lu curiously looks at the two bowls placed on the tray, "Why are you sending in desserts now, isn't it still early?"

Qing Ya places the bowls in front of the two of us respectively, lifting the lids to release the steam, "Young Master says that the weather has been rather warm these days, afraid that Young Ladies will be too fired up , specially told the kitchen to make some sugar rock stewed with snow pear and white fungus." She turns to me, smiling much sweeter, "In particularly Young Lady Lan, your throat has been feeling a little unwell these days, eating this will help relieve the heat." (refers to the concept of hot and cold qi in the body, for more info see: )

Ying Lu meaningfully makes an "oh" sound, "Brother sure is considerate ah."

I lower my eyes, not giving any response.

Forget whether he's being considerate or inconsiderate, what's it got to do with me?

Compared to my initial disturbing fears and unrest, these days, I have clearly calmed down a lot. The scene I had witnessed inside there, has of course pained me, but it also tells me that Yuwen Rui currently has no life-threatening danger. I know that the current me can no longer act so restlessly like a headless turtle, what I should be doing, is think of how to send out the address of where Yuwen Rui is being held in.

Ying Lu is the key.

I naturally will not directly ask Ying Lu, if she can help me pass on the news to Yuwen Rui's people, the result from this would be none other than awkwardness and failure. I understand that I should not be acting rashly like spreading fire, but to gather together the patience I once had, and wait for the opportunity.

What I'm waiting for is just one opportunity.

Ying Lu has been a little strange these days.

A few days ago, she would be very happily having fun here with me, holding my hand as she tells me what matters she had encountered in the six months we haven't seen each other, be it happy or sad, be it interesting or uninteresting, all in all she would speak in high spirits, heart filled with happiness. As for these few days, although she is holding my hand to tell me this and that, she would often look at me with other thoughts in mind, eyes containing concern for an unknown reason.

I gather all this into my eyes, but say nothing, patiently waiting for the moment she cannot hold back anymore.

"Ah-Lan." Ying Lu plucks at leaf from the pot on the table, "These few days......how have you been feeling?"

I lie on my side on the soft couch, lazily saying: "Not bad."

"Oh." She says in response, falling silent for a moment before acting like she's just casually asking: "Oh~, why have I not been seeing Brother lately? Could it be that Brother's and my timing hasn't been matching up?"