Chapter 65

After I said to the beautiful gentleman in red, 'remove your hands now, ladyboy', that beautiful gentleman sinks into a stiffened and unbelieving state of trance, and so I nimbly pull Bai Wei away, with not the slightest means of reflection nor guilt.

Alright, I admit I'm not a very nice person, clearly know of the person's sore spot and just like to step on that spot a few times, how could that feeling be described with a simple word of 'amazing' alone? It has to at least be two words - very amazing.

Bai Wei shows extreme surprise towards my actions, nor do I explain much to her, just muttering to myself, "To even enchant a woman with those looks, isn't this man just overly beautiful?" Bai Wei immediately falls silent upon hearing this, shame flashing past her eyes.

I inwardly sigh to myself, look at how shy and naïve this lady is, to even be captivated by a stunningly beautiful man, how normal, unlike the strange species that is me, clearly in a fifteen-year-old body, yet I act just like an eight-year-old grandma, blushing and fast heartbeats has nothing to do with me.

Dear heavens ah, exactly who created this sin?

After returning from 'Fei Lai Feng', Bai Wei and I obediently stay in the inn, when night came, Yuwen Rui and a very concerned-looking Bai Jian Fei returns, we have dinner together and then each return to our own rooms to sleep, everything was very normal.

The next day, Bai Jian Fei went out in search for the famed physician again, Yuwen Rui states he has matters to do, whilst Bai Wei and I once again go out onto the streets together.

In the jade store, Bai Wei holds a jade hairpin as she seriously asks me, "Ah-Lan, do you think this hairpin would look good on my sister?"

I nod, "Looks good." That jade hairpin has a whole body of emerald green, the jade lustrous with no impurities, the tip of it carved into a hibiscus flower, not bad indeed.

Bai Wei faintly sigh, "But the amount things that are able to gain Sister's liking are far too little......perhaps I should say there's simply none." She lowers her eyes, "Brother didn't manage to find Divine Physician Liao Jun yesterday......"

I believe that in this moment, I should offer her some comfort, and so I pat her shoulders, saying some extremely typical words of comfort, "Good people naturally have the heavens' blessings."

Bai Wei instead laughs, mischievously saying: "Such words of comfort coming from your lips, sure is a little strange."

I'm speechless, should I be saying some harsh and sarcastic words then?

Great earth ah, exactly who planted this seed?

Bai Wei ultimately bought that hairpin, according to what she says, whether Bai Qiang likes it or not, it is still the thoughts that counts. But according to me, if Bai Qiang doesn't like it then she should wear it herself, isn't that also great?

Look at this, I am indeed a selfish person.

Leaving the jade store, Bai Wei and I walk along the main street, today, we are both in our lady outfits, Bai Wei is born elegant and refined, paired with a body of delicately pretty demeanour, she sure has people gladdened at heart and pleasing to the eyes, earning an extremely high number of turning heads in the street. And of course, a little piece of grass like me serves as a contrast, I heavy-heartedly stroke the corner of my forehead, say, why do I feel heavy-hearted now? Say, how come I can still carry a little excitement within such heavy-heartedness?

What? You ask why I'm excited? I'll tell you why, if it isn't because of the ugly man in brocade clothing, and the huge group of hired thugs behind him that is blocking Bai Wei's and my path.