1

(Peter's POV)

My head smashed against the hard bathroom floor, causing blood to erupt from my pounding head. My sides ached, like swords being stabbed into my stomach. My breathing was rapid. I let out a scream in agony, as if in an imploral beg, before going into a stupor state. The ringing in my ears grew louder and louder as my father ran in, a fearful and bewildered look on his face. "Peter!" My dad yelled as he fell to the floor and cradled my head, tears rushing down his face. He hugged me close as he told the AI system in our house to call an ambulance. Dad muttered something that I couldn't hear and he picked me up bridal style. He rushed me outside and an ambulance pulled up. The EMTs strapped me into a stretcher and we pulled out of the driveway. Dad held my arm with a bleak and distant look on his face, but his soft eyes were rueful and sad. After about 15 minutes, we arrived at the hospital. They pulled me into the hospital and to a white hospital room. After the nurses stuck needles into my arms and inspected my body, they left my dad and I alone. I looked over at my usually gallant father, who had dried tears streaking his face. I felt awful, not because I was in pain, but because I made my father heartbroken. I never wanted him to feel this pain.

        .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

After about an hour of sleeping, I finally was able to open my eyes fully. I looked over and saw my dad, slumped over in a chair, sleeping. I touched my dads hand lightly and he shot up from his slumber, making me jump a bit. Once he realized it was me who had touched him, he pulled me in tight for a hug. We sat there for a few minutes, not saying anything, just taking it all in. "I'm so sorry..." my father whispered sympathetically, tears running down his face. Just then a doctor walked in with a clipboard. "Hello, I'm Dr. Stephen. How are you feeling?" he said in a deep voice. "I'm fine" I whispered, looking down at my legs. "What happened to my son?" my dad burst out, tears brimming his eyes. "I'm afraid that your son may have brain cancer. A brain tumor is a growth of abnormal cells in the tissues of the brain. Brain tumors can be benign, with no cancer cells, or malignant, with cancer cells that grow quickly. Some are primary brain tumors, which start in the brain. Others are metastatic, and they start somewhere else in the body and move to the brain." He looked down. "But there is no known cure... I'm so sorry." My dad fell back into his seat, his head in his hands. "Nonononono" He whispered with an incredulous tone, his voice cracking slightly. "How high is the survival rate?" Dad whispered. "He has a 15% chance of survival." the doctor sighed. "How much time does he have left?"
The doctor sighed before whispering, "4 months, at most. He has a very serious case, and it would be very risky to get him a kidney transplant. If you would like to take him home with you we can give him the medicine and you can leave tomorrow." The doctor say, almost nonchalantly. "Okay." My father replied, with a numbness to his tone. You could tell that he thought that me dying was unfathomable. He looked at me with a sad glance and broke down in to a tired sob. He held me close. I finally broke down too and cried into his shoulder. This was going to kill my father more than it was going to kill me.

//Hey, so I deleted the last story and started over. Some of the words are bolded, but that's only because this is a school project and I needed to use ten vocab words. This story has most of the same plot points as the last one but should be more interesting. Thanks for reading, and if you like it, vote for it! If you don't, leave a comment on how I can make it better. I'm always open to suggestions!\\

Sick - An Irondad Story On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara