twenty

of the past

"There are way too many coincidences

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"There are way too many coincidences."

Avengers Facility - January 12th, 2016

Nerd

Hey... we haven't talked in a bit... did everything go okay with... you know

Somehow, when Christa opened up her phone to find the text message, something sparked inside of her. Or maybe it wasn't quite a spark; maybe a glass of cold water running through her system after a day without moisture and pounding heat. It was a weird and slightly pleasant feeling to say the least.

And Christa wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

It was like she had completely forgotten her friend existed over the past three days (had it only been three days? It felt like it had been a century, time dragging on slowly, slug-like, painstakingly). Like waking up from a nightmare.

If she was being honest with herself, every morning she had woken up these past several days, she'd desperately hoped everything bad that had happened in her life thus far was only a nightmare.

But so far, her wishes had not been granted.

A pause as she wondered how much she could tell him. Over the course of the past three days, she had acquired a sort of bodyguard/regulator/guide in the form of Happy Hogan. Which kind of pissed her off. Why not Pepper? Or someone who didn't have such a controversially endearing personality? Because, apparently (and highly unfortunately for Christa), the woman was extremely busy with "work stuff," which had had to be postponed in the first place when Christa first came into Stark's life. And the thing was, Happy had done what seemed to be absolutely everything in his power to prevent Christa from doing anything to distract herself over these past three days. Explore the facility? Only if there was a place "top-secret" stuff wasn't going on (and that place seemed to be nowhere). Meet the Avengers living at the facility? Christa would only "interrupt" their training. Which seemed to happen round the clock.

The most she seemed able to do was sit around in front of a t.v. screen, go on her phone, read a book, or memorize everything in her living area over the past three days.

And not only had she quickly grown to be bored of these things, they were so monotonous that she could not stop thinking about the terrible things that had happened over the past twelve days.

Wow.

Had it really been less than two weeks since her mother had died?

A vision of Happy Hogan's annoyingly stubborn face flashed across Christa's mind as she debated how much to tell Angus. Happy had explicitly told the girl not to say anything to anyone about anything that had happened to her when it came to "Avengers business."

Scowling scornfully with a slight smirk on her face at the thought, a whole mindset of "screw it" washed over her.

Christa