Chapter. 20

"Chris...Chris.....Chris, wake up." I whispered low trying to wake the sleeping hunter. "Psssssssssssstttttt! Chris, get up now." I tried again. He continued to snore and I briefly wondered if he was pulling my leg to see if I would try to escape. Use my own trick on me, ya know? But the sound of his heartbeat insured that he wasn't playing. Fucking MEN! I caught the movement of shadow from the corner of my eye. Whipping my head around, I glanced out the window well to see the broad shadow being casted in and onto the cement floor. The alpha, well Peter, was standing outside, no doubt listening for movement. I froze, managing to keep my heart at a steady pace. The figure moved slowly around the house. I listened to the crunching of gravel and the steady heart rate as he crept closer. "Chris, wake the fuck up." I whispered again, to which he snored louder. I moved my feet slowly, careful not to rattle the loose chain, and tried to slither the rest of the way out.

The sound of a door creaking and slow, stalkerish footsteps alerted me that he was inside. I listened closer, trying to pick up another heartbeat, another foot fall, or just another sound, making sure that Derek wasn't with him. Peter appeared in the door way, eyes glowing red as he took in my unfortunate state. He bared his teeth in a beastly smile of sorts before creeping closer. I wanted to scream at Chris to wake up, but that would only draw Peter's attention to him and more than likely, killing him.

'Where's Derek?' I sent out the 'mind message'. He looked at me a bit startled and didn't seem to know how to reply without actually talking. 'Oh yea, I can do that. Looks like I'm a better alpha than you.' I taunted. He snarled at me and crept closer. 'You reek of new alpha. You're inexperienced, clearly not the brightest, and you suck in fights. Come on, a girl kicked your ass. How'd you even become alpha?' I taunted again. He shook his head and took a step back. He couldn't figure out how I was doing it. 'Derek's more fit to be alpha than you. He's stronger, smarter, and is exactly what an alpha should be. He's not a murderer like you. You're a pathetic excuse of man, let alone alpha. You don't even deserve a piss on your grave!' He let out a ferocious growl that echoed through the basement.

Chris startled from his sleep, grabbing his gun, before jumping up and firing at Peter. The alpha dodged the flying bullets, darting towards the right. He moved quicker than I gave him credit for aiming strait for Chris. "Chris, move!" I screamed. He turned to aim at Peter when he lunged, the gun knocked out of his hand, as Peter knocked him back onto the steel table. I heard the crunch of his shoulder as the alphas weight pinned him down, emitting a yelp from Chris as he struggled underneath of the wolf.

I had to do something quick and placed my feet under the lip of the table. I used all my strength as I pushed on the table. Between the wolfsbane and the combination of steel, alpha, and Chris's weight, I was having a really hard time. Digging deep I pushed harder on the table when I felt it gradually start to tip. Giving another shove the table rocked over enough and crashed to the floor. I heard Chris's grunt before I seen him stumble over the table, grasping his right shoulder. "Grab the wolfsbane!" I ordered. He listened and clumsily grabbed at the purple flowers twined through the chains on my chest. I felt my strengths gradual return as he pulled at the flowers. The loud sound of the table scraping the floor as Peter shoved it out of the way causing Chris to scramble before teeth latched onto his leg and flung him backwards.

I fought against the chains as Peter stalked towards a slow moving Chris as he tried to back away. He was pushed flat against the wall when I heard his cry as Peter slashed at his ribs. The last bit of wolfsbane dislodged from the chains as I fought with it and felt the last bit of my strength return. I summand my wolf to surface, the chain links breaking under the growing pressure. The useless chain rattling to the floor as I stood on all fours, my eyes firmly locked on Peter who had stopped his attack and turned with wide eyes to face me. I roared my rage before charging after him, clashing head on as his teeth sunk into my neck. Using all my force I smashed him into the wall, causing him to release as I knocked the wind out of him.