Affirmation

"Where have you been?" Off asked as Krist and Singto approached their table.

"Garden." Was all Singto said. He pulled Krist's chair back to allow Krist to sit first.

"Well, you almost missed the ceremony. It's about to start" Gun inclined his head towards the couple on stage.

"Um, P'Gun?"

"Yes Krist?"

Krist moved closer to Gun to whisper "I've been meaning to ask, how can P'Tan and P'Pier have a ceremony when their marriage won't be recognized?"

"I've had that question in my mind for the longest time too. I read that there was a law submitted to legalize our marriages, yes I said 'our', I'm just waiting on P'Off. I think they're debating it now, though no decision has been made yet." Gun turned to Ice, knowing Krist was too shy to ask outright, he was going to do the asking. "Ice?"

"Gun?"

"How is the legislation going?"

Ice needed no prompting. He knew what law Gun was referring to. "As far as I know, the law isn't passed yet, still up for debate."

"Then how come Pair and Tan are having a ceremony?" Nammon asked.

Krist focused his attention on the group discussion, thankful that Nammon voiced the question he's been meaning to ask.

"That's why it's a ceremony, not a wedding. Weddings are not legal yet. The ceremony is an affirmation of their partnership. Different people celebrate in different ways." Ice answered.

"There are countries and places where it's legal already. I think Taiwan or Japan, they've legalized marriages already." New added.

"Yeah." Singto said. He took up his glass, tipped it to their table and took a sip. "Here's to hoping they hurry it up and make it official here as well."

"Here. Here." Off toasted his own glass with Singto's.

Krist gave big eyes to Gun, who moved closer to Off.

A while later, the group heard soft music drifting from somewhere, accompanied by Tan's voice "Pier, My world started spinning the day I met you. I was sad and lost," Tan looked towards Singto's table and smiled a small smile. "I'm glad you found me. I promise to be faithful, to love you always and to be married to you mind, heart, body and soul. I love you my dear. Thank you for being you and being the you that completes me."

"Tan, we've talked about this and you know how glad I am that you got your heart broken." Both smiled at each other, sharing a memory that only they can see. "I'm glad I had an excuse to be with you then that made us into the people we are today. I am thankful that I walked in to that café, which I may or may not have bought *wink*, and saw you in a corner. I'm thankful everyday that I met you and that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you."

An officiant spoke up after the pair. "We are gathered today to witness the joining of two souls, destined to be together. Pair and Tan have agreed to be bonded to each other from today on, in front of their family, friends and loved ones. We as witnesses to their union have given our support to their binding. Let us raise our glasses and toast to the beginning of forever for Tan and Pier. Let us extend our blessing to the couple and pray that their happiness would grow as long as their love fills the air. To Pier and Ton." The officiant raised his glass and toasted with the room. "Pier and Ton!" the names of the couple rang throughout the hall.

"Pier and Ton!" Krist's table cried with the room. Off held Gun close to him, New moved closer to Neen, who came in just before the speeches started. Nammon and Ice clinked glasses. Singto moved closer to Krist, putting his arms around the latter's waist and kissed his cheek. Everyone had a different way of expressing their feelings of what they just witnessed, each with their own hearts in the air.