Chapter 17

I can't just believe I was dating George,I was now living with the Kish's and I really felt part of the family and the love showered on me made me think I was a princess.

"Catherine have some chocolates"

"Have cakes"

"Have some peanuts"

"Have a drink"

"Won't you have some biscuits"

These were the statements Mrs Kish was always telling me,I was really pampered and George never ceased to laugh when I couldn't walk due to overfeeding.

One morning, I dressed in my neat uniform and a very clean pair of socks,I had many pairs ever since I moved in,to the point that I had already lost count. We went to school and arrived before the assembly.

I never knew that I had other enemies,I was honestly thinking it was just Cherry and she even turned out to be an angel. I entered my class and found some commercial students (girls) discussing with some of my classmates. They all stopped talking immediately I came in and then Caro who called herself Queen Caro walked up to me and I wondered what she was going to say to me. She was a tall girl,beautiful but very troublesome and noisy and loved attention.

"So you are dating George right?" She asked like she was a jealous girlfriend,boring her eyes into mine and then looked at me like I was wearing rags.

"Why are you asking?" I replied with a look of being bored.

"Because I don't know what George saw in a girl like you,look at you girl,no shape and not even beautiful, when beautiful girls like us dey rush em,he decides to stoop low for a girl like you" Caro said.

I looked at her intently and sighed, I was planning on giving her a hot slap across her cheeks but thought against that,I had resolved never to fight because of a boy.

"Look Caro" I began "its obvious your brain has a hole and that's why your sense is leaking. Now take a pretty good look at yourself, you are claiming you have a nice body but how do we know if you are not wearing a foam bra or you took tablets since you are obviously senseless and lastly girl,I know my worth, I don't fight for a boy  and I don't chase everything in trousers" I concluded and shoved her aside and walked to my seat leaving a stunned Caro and friends. She gave me an evil look and then walked away fuming.
*****

It was during sports time that I had received a letter from George asking me to meet him at the back of the school library. The junior student he sent had handed it over and walked away. The letter didn't seem right but I just had to meet George, I was missing him too.

I took long strides to the back of the library, the walls were painted white and the path wasn't bushy and had big stones laid on the path. The place was just too quiet and I wondered why George had decided to ask me too meet him here.

"George" I called quietly wondering if he was hiding.

"George" I called again and just then I heard quiet footsteps behind me and then swiftly  my body was pressed to the wall,I looked at the person wearing a mask,he closed my eyes and shoved his lips into my mouth,I feared I was going to be raped and I prayed up to 50 Our father and hail Mary under the space of 1 minute, but then the boy released me and ran away.

I spat out many times,an idiot who probably didn't know what a toothbrush was had just kissed me, how gross!. I concluded I was going to tell George later but I wished I had told him immediately.

*****
"Catherine what is the meaning of this?" Natasha asked immediately she bursted into my room, I was doing my chemistry assignment and it wasn't funny.

"What?" I asked as she stared at her phone, she gave me her phone and I saw myself kissing the fool,it looked as if we were both enjoying the kiss.

"It's not what you are seeing Natasha" I tried to explain and just then George came in too. He had probably seen the video too with the look on his face.

"The guy just forced his lips  on mine,I received a letter from George asking me to meet him but then I saw no one...." I was still explaining when George cut me short.

"This is cock and bull story Catherine, the video showed you enjoying the kiss,so stop telling lies" he looked really hurt and it was hurting me more that he didn't believe me.

"How could you Catherine? How could you toy with my feelings?" He asked and I was too shocked to answer.

"George you don't believe me?" I asked clearly hurt.

"Catherine you are still pretending, this video says everything" he said pointing at the video. Who ever had done this really got me. George walked out of the room and I broke down.

"It's OK" Natasha comforted me and urged me to tell her everything which I did.

"I believe you Catherine" Natasha announced and I hugged her tightly. My heart was aching,George didn't believe me,the person who was supposed to trust me and his even hurt,why do I cause bad luck always?.

That evening George totally ignored me,he wouldn't talk to me or even spare me a glance and his eyes were even puffy probably from crying, he sure loved me but he didn't trust me.

Over dinner,Mrs Kish noticed the unusual coldness,normally we were always playing and she usually teased me about being her daughter-in- law but today was different.

"George and Catherine I don't know the issue but I give you guys a week to resolve it" she said and we nodded. Dinner was very quiet and we all went to our rooms.

*******
So that's the end of this chapter, please am begging you guys to spread words about this book and I will be really happy.

So our beautiful couple has a problem and we are so sad,aren't we?😢😢😢

Please don't forget to vote,comment and share.
And DM let's talk,am very cool😊😊

Thanks for all your supports it's so overwhelming, don't forget to check out my other book " chemistry ".

So that's all and I guess am going. 😘😘😏

Yours wattpadly,
Chioma.