Chapter 26; beach & calm

And we were trying different things
We were smoking funny things
Making love out by the lake to our favorite song
Sipping whiskey out the bottle
Not thinking 'bout tomorrow
Singing Sweet home Alabama all summer long 

We all sang as we drove to the beach house five hours away from home.

I had given Jaxon a letter to give to my parents when they wake up since we left at around 5 in the morning and I knew they wouldn't be up before 9am so I just woke Jaxon up and told him what to do.

I had blocked my parents numbers on my phone and felt much more free and relaxed.

The only reason why I didn't just leave my phone at home was that I couldn't live a day without at least hearing Harry's voice. He was a bit bummed when I told him I was going on this trip but he knew I needed this.

"WE'RE HERE!" Liz exclaimed and we all cheered in excitement as Liz pulled the car into a parking space next to a fairly sized, beige colored, two story house.

"This. Is. Amazing." Jess gasped as we all got out of the car.

We left our luggage in the car and decided to check out the house first.

The downstairs looked amazing. It was simple but really welcoming. Two sliding doors lead to the outside where there was a fireplace and garden furniture.

There was a small staircase that lead right to the beach. It was like a private beach for the few amount of houses that were lined up next to each other. Each one with a small staircase to access the beach.

Not even half an hour later we were all laying on the warm sand and listened to the sound of the waves. It was so refreshing.

"I'm going for a swim. Anyone wanna join?" Alex asked and stood up, waiting for our answers.

"Yea." Jess agreed and Alex helped her up.

"Nah, I'm good." I said and send a wink Jess' way.

"Yea same. I'll stay here." Liz said and waved them off.

Jess smiled at Alex who picked her up and run with her into the water while both of them were laughing.

"They are so cute. Ugh." I heard Liz saying.

"Yea, disgusting." I chuckled and sighed wishing Harry was here right now.

"Oh my god. Faye."

I opened my eyes and leaned up to look at Liz who was staring right passed me. I turned around and saw a guy playing with a little girl. He looked just like Liz' type so I get why there was suddenly drool running down her chin.

"Talk to him." I shrugged as I looked back at Liz.

"You know what...I will." She said determined and got up to walk towards the guy.

I always admired her self-confidence. She was, just like Jess, always so comfortable around strangers. Much unlike me.

From the corner of my eye I noticed that Liz was now playing with the two strangers and seemed to have a really great time.

I took out my phone and tried facetiming Harry but he didn't answer so he was probably at work.

I sighed, laid back down and closed my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep by the sound of the waves and the laughter of my friends.

-

A couple days later I felt like a different person. I felt amazing. I could finally breath and get the weight of my shoulders. My head wasn't pounding with all the questions and decisions I had to make. I felt good.

So I guess this trip was very therapeutic.

However, there was one thing that didn't leave my mind. Or more like someone.

"I swear Ben if you fart one more time I will drown you in the sea. It's disgusting." Liz coughed and rolled her eyes at her summer fling who chuckled and pulled her towards him to kiss her temple.

They fit so well together.

I looked over at Jess & Alex but Jess was already looking at me. She had this apologetic smile on her face. I hated it. She feels sorry for me because Harry isn't here and I'm left put sometimes but I didn't mind. Sometimes.

"So Ben told me about this little market about an hour from here and I figured we could go there tomorrow." Liz said and folded her hands, waiting for us to agree.

"I guess." I shrugged and Liz smiled before turning her attention to Jess & Alex.

"I mean, sure." Jess nodded and looked at Alex for confirmation. He nodded and so it was settled.

"Babe would you go inside and get me my jacket?" Jess asked Alex and he nodded, kissed her cheek and disappeared inside. He came back with one of his hoodies and a bag with lollypops.

"You sure do know what I like Alex." I said and snatched the bag out of his hands, grabbing a red one before anyone else could.

"Of course, Faye." Alex laughed and took the bag back to snatch the last red one.

"So Faye, what have you decided on doing after summer is over." Jess asked curiously.

She knew I didn't have an answer to that question yet but maybe she thought I would have decided over the last couple days. I did not.

"I don't know." I shrugged and dismissed the subject. I looked at Jess and she had this motherly look on her face. I hated that look.

Jess broke eye contact and pulled out her phone out of her pocket so I looked away and stared at the open sea. It was beautiful.

"I'm gonna sit on the beach for a while." I announced and got up to walk down the little path down to the beach.

I walked a little and sat down letting the sand run through my fingers. I stared at the horizon and felt very calm. The cold breeze made me shiver every now and then but I was too lazy to go get a hoodie.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

___________

It's been so looooong. Omg I'm sorry. A lot has changed these past couple weeks/months. I turned 18 btw. Wohooo.

I didn't want to leave you guys hanging without an ending so I have my mind set on finishing this book. I'm in a writing mood right now so I hope to finish another chapter and publish it later or tomorrow. No promises tho lmao cuz I never keep them (woops)

I LOVE YOU GUYS TWO OF MY BOOKS ARE BOTH AT 198K READS AHHHHH

Also there will be a time skip in the next chapter (3 years) SORRY but it's becauseeeeee I ran out of ideas and I'm kinda rosty after not writing for a couple months. I just want to give you an ending and not end this with her still being 17 and doing stupid shit lmao.