Chapter 5; Jess' idea & soon to be

He didn't. No text. No call. And it's already been close to two weeks.

I mean, it's not like I waited for him to text me or anything. I just happen to check my phone every minute on accident, you know.

"Alright class, I want you to write an essay about someone with an interesting job. Someone that is not part of your family. I want you all to individually interview that person about what they're doing and how a day in their life looks like. I also printed out some example questions you can ask and include in your essay so feel free to use them. I'll give you a weeks."

The bell rung and I picked up a paper with the example question on my way out. I skipped through each of them on my way to lunch where I was going to meet up with Liz & Jess.

"Hey Faye! Did Mr. Hendrix gave you the same project? Interview someone with a job kinda thing?" Jess asked the second I sat down on our table.

"Yea." I nodded.

"Perfect. I already have someone in mind for you to write the essay about." She grinned and in that moment I knew it couldn't be good.

"And who might that be?"

"Harry."

"No way in hell. I won't do it." I shook my head, ignoring her as she rambled about what a great opportunity it was.

"What's going on here?" I heard Liz ask as she sat down, grabbing the apple from my tray and taking a huge bite out of it. She placed it back on my tray like nothing happened while Jess started to fill her in.

"That's perfect!" Liz agreed. Of course.

"First of all, he probably doesn't even have the time. Second of all, I can assure you that if I go to him he will try to get rid of me before I can even ask him. And third of all, I just don't want to embarrass myself...again."

"You do talk some shit, Faye. After school I'll drop you off at the hospital and I won't allow you to decline that offer. End of story. Moving on."

I rolled my eyes and zoned out as my two best friends started talking about random shit. Most likely about their recent hookups.

The rest of the day passed rather quickly and I was soon seated in the backseat on Jess' car.

"I really wanna see that guy. I mean, is he that good looking?" Liz asked as we arrived at the hospital.

"Yes." Jess and I said in unison.

"Now get out of my car, Faye. It's time. We'll wait out here for a while just text us code red, if you're dying. Code green, if you're about to get laid. Code blue, if it will take longer because then I think me and Liz are going to get some food. Code ye-"

"Alright. Shut up." I said and got out of the car.

"GO GET YOUR MAN!" Liz yelled as they both gave me a thumbs up.

I ignored them as they yelled adult content and all the people at the parking lot started giving them weird looks.

I walked inside and went to the front desk.

"Hey, how may I help you?" The woman at the desk asked with a smile.

"I wanted to ask if it was possible to talk to Dr. Styles?" I asked, nervously.

"One second." She said and typed something in on her computer.

"He should be in his office right now. It's on the fifth floor down the hallway on the last door on the right." She said and I thanked her before making my way to his office.

I was nervous.

I walked down the hallway on the fifth floor and stopped as I found his name on the door. I was just about to knock when the door opened and Harry himself stood right in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked surprised.

"I- uh...I wanted to ask you something?" I said, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and waited for me to talk.

"I have to write this essay and-"

"No. I have to work I don't have the time." He cut me off, taking me off guard.

"I just-"

"Have a nice day." He said before scurrying down the hallway and leaving me speechless. I took a deep breath and decided to call Jess.

"How's it going? Are you two going to fu-"

"Jess! He completely blew me off. What do I do?" Hoping that they had something in mind.

"Just wait until his shift is over maybe then he'll have the time." Liz said and I let out a frustrated groan.

"This might take hours, Liz. Any other plans?"

"No, sorry babe."

I agreed with the plan and told them to just leave me here and that I would either call if I needed a ride or get myself a taxi before hanging up.

I sat against the wall opposite his office and banged my head against the wall in frustration.

I played on my phone for a while and just stared at the wall, contemplating on whether I should eat chicken nuggets or pizza for dinner.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps so I turned my head to see who it was.

"Hey, who are you waiting for?"

"Uhm, I'm waiting for Dr. Styles."

"What do you want from him?" The woman asked, nicely, holding a bag with Chinese food.

"I just wanted him to check on my wounds because I didn't have an appointment." I lied since I smelled something fishy here.

"He should be off work any minute now. I'm Lacey his fiancée. What's your name?" She asked and stuck her hand out for me to take. I did after I got up and felt somewhat dizzy after finding out that he had a soon to be wife.

"Faye."

"Nice to meet you, Faye." She smiled and I nodded. Yea. Nice to fucking meet you, too future Mrs. Styles.

She didn't even seem like a bitch so there was no reason for me to hate her. She was gorgeous. Long, brown hair. Long, tanned legs. Skinny. All in all she was someone that I clearly wasn't.

"I think I'm just gonna go home. It's getting late." I said, grabbing my bag from the floor.

"Oh no, I'm sure he'll be here any second. I'll wait with you." She smiled and I felt sick to my stomach.

"Thanks, Lacey but I really gotta go. Have a nice meal." I said nodding my head to the Chinese take out.

She was about to say something but I was already scurrying down the hallway, trying to get as far away from this damned hospital as possible.

Just as I rounded the corner the devil himself was standing there, talking to another doctor I assume. I quickly walked past him but I heard him excuse himself right before I felt someone grabbing my forearm.

"What are you still doing here?" He spoke and I turned around, pulling my arm away from his grip.

"Your fiancée is waiting." I informed him and practically ran off as tears started forming in my eyes.

What was I even thinking?

Did I really think someone like Harry would actually want to get to know me better? Me? A seventeen year old senior in high school who doesn't know what to do with her life?

Whatever the hell I was thinking. I was wrong. Clearly.

______________

Is it just me or is literally everyone engaged or having a baby? I feel left out. I'll be single forever.