Chapter 10; picking up & brother

"I had the worst morning." I said as I sat down at the lunch table.

"What happened?" Liz asked, curiously, biting into her sandwich.

"Well, first I had a huge fight with my mom. Then, I missed the bus so obviously I was late. My teacher yelled at me and I kind of argued with him so he send me to the principle. I got detention and then my mom called me and said I need to pick up Jaxon after school from kindergarten and babysit him since my parents are both at work. Did I forget anything? Oh yea, I have to write an essay about how to behave in class."

"Damn, even I can't top that." Jess whistles and leaned over to press a kiss to my cheek.

My phone buzzed and I looked to see a message from Harry.

Harry: I have a day off. Can I pick you up from school?

"Great now Harry wants to meet." I groaned.

"But that's good!" Jess squealed, ripping my phone from my hands to read the message and show it to Liz.

"I tried avoiding him. He didn't even text me after I had dinner at his house. It was so awkward and then we started fighting it was a disaster. I didn't think he was going to contact me again if I'm honest."

It was already Thursday and on Monday Harry had invited me over to dinner. We had a lot of fun until he brought up the fact that I forgot to tell him that I was just seventeen and then I got mad at him for even attacking me at the wedding in the first place and leaving right afterwards.

It was pointless fighting but the both of us were too stubborn to stop arguing and blaming the other person instead of apologizing since we've both been assholes that evening.

I also threw in the fact that he was cheating on Lacey and how I didn't even know if I could trust him. To my defense I started my period that day and I get really moody. I asked him to drive me home and he got mad at me for being a bitch and so I screamed in his face that I was on my period right when a couple was walking by us.

Let's just say it was a mess.

"Just call him already." Liz rolled her eyes and handed me my phone back. Both of my annoying friends pushed me from my seat and so I walked outside trying to find a place that wasn't so crowded and loud.

I pressed the call button and held the phone to my ear, nervously.

"Hello?"

Gosh, I've missed his voice.

"Hey." I said quietly.

"Faye? Uhm, how are you?" He asked, probably as nervous as I was.

"I'm good."

Silence.

"So I wanted to ask if I could pick you up from school today? I know I've been an ass Monday so I thought we could try again?"

"I'm sorry but I can't today. I have detention until 3:30pm and need to pick up and babysit Jaxon afterwards. I also have to write this stupid essay and entertain Jaxon. Maybe another day."

"I could pick the both of you up and while you write that essay me & Jaxon could play football or something? Also what did you get detention for?" He chuckled, making me smile softly.

"I don't want to bother you. Jaxon can be a handful. I'll tell you my detention story another day."

"You won't bother me. I'll pick you up at 3:30?"

"Fine. See you then." I said and hang up.

I smiled to myself and walked back to my friends who've been waiting, patiently for my return.

"Soooo?"

"He's going to pick me up after detention and then we'll pick Jaxon up. He offered to watch Jaxon while I write this stupid ass essay."

"Aww, that's so cute!" My friends, squealed.

I blushed and gathered my things to go to class. I kissed them both on the cheek before leaving to my last two classes for today until I had detention.

As I sat in detention it felt like the thirty minutes where the longest of my life. Our phones were taken at the beginning so I was now drawing something in my notebook.

"Pss, Faye."

I looked at the teacher who continued playing on his phone before I turned around to see one of the jocks, smiling at me.

"Hey, Jace."

"You coming to my party on Saturday?" He asked.

"Don't think so." I shrugged and turned back around.

"But it'll be fun. You should definitely come." He tried again but I wasn't in the mood to party after last week.

"I'll think about it." I said just to get him to shut up.

A while later our teacher finally handed us back our phones and dismissed us. I sprinted out of the room and looked around the almost empty parking lot.

I spotted Harry sitting in his car and staring at his phone so I made my way towards him and opened the passenger door.

"Hey." I greeted, awkwardly.

"Oh hey. How was detention?" He asked and started the engine.

"Boring." I replied and told him the address of Jaxon's kindergarten that was just a five minute drive away from my school. On our way I told Harry the story on how I got detention, leaving out the huge fight I had with my mom this morning which was the whole reason why I was late in the first place.

"I'll go get him. You just stay here." I said and got out of the car.

I entered the building and waited for the lady at the front desk to get Jaxon from the playground. As soon as my little brother saw me he run towards me so I opened my arms and picked him up as he hugged me, tightly.

"Hey bud. How was your day?" I asked as we exited the building. I had his tiny backpack in my hand while he was clinging onto me like a monkey.

"Good."

I opened the passenger door and frowned since Harry obviously didn't have a car seat for a child. I decided to have him sit on my lap instead and sat down.

Jaxon looked up and stared at Harry for a while not saying a word.

"Hey Jaxon. Remember me?" Harry asked, carefully while I fastened the seat belt around the both of us.

I laughed as Jax squinted his eyes as if he could remember better when he did while I told Harry to just drive.

"Harry?" Jax said, pronouncing the r's more like w's which sounded so cute.

"That's right." Harry nodded with a smile on his face as he took a quick look at Jaxon and grinned at him.

"You're gonna spend some time with Harry while I have to do some school work okay?"

Jaxon nodded, happily and played with the ring that I always wore. My little brother meant the world to me no matter how annoying he was sometimes.

__________

Some of you may know that two of my books, including this one disappeared for two days. IM SO HAPPY THEYRE BACK OMG 😇

Also, I decided to get myself a hamster 🐹
Because why not? I'm lonely and hamster are cute 😇
(I'm also responsible 👸🏼 and will take good care of him 🤗)

LOVE YOU GUYS ❤️