chapter 16

Chapter 16

Not a dried eyed Oberoi was in sight as they hugged each other and thanked God that their little warrior had survived. Shivaay pulled his brothers on either side of him, embracing their shoulders, he faced the police officers.

"I think you are done here, Inspector." He told them

"Not so fast Mr Oberoi, I cannot allow you to visit with the victim. We have reason to suspect that there was foul play involved in her poisoning and I would be lax in my duties if I allowed a possible suspect access to her, in her weakened condition."

"Well lucky for you it is just her family that is here. As I mentioned earlier, inspector you are done here. I suggest that you remove yourself from my sister's room. And if you are not okay with that suggestion I will not hesitate to call the commissioner and advise him of this harassment."

The Inspector looked at them red faced in anger, and addressed Omkara. "I hope that we would not have to save your wife again from another incident like this." He nodded his head to the waiting constable as they both exited the ward.

"We should call home. Everyone is worried about Chulbul Bhabhi." Rudy suggested. Shivaay let go of the embrace. "You are right." Shivaay said. "We should go home. Everyone will be quite anxious." Shivaay said.

"You guys go. I want to stay with Gauri." Omkara told them. Shivaay smiled at Omkara, "You know the first day I saw Gauri, I thought she was perfect for you. She is humble, sweet and adorable. She loves you and I know that you have feelings for her. You have been given a second chance at happiness. Don't waste it. I am happy for you." the three brothers embraced.

Rudy and Shivaay left, while Omkara went in search of the doctor. He realised that something was amiss. He felt it. Gauri's reaction to him was not what he expected.

Why did she thank him for saving her? He hadn't saved her. In fact he was responsible for her for being here.

He found the doctor's office and knocked on the door. He waited for the Doctor to acknowledge and entered the room.

"Ah, Mr Oberoi, I was hoping that you stop by before going. Sorry I had to leave before speaking to you earlier, there was yet another emergency."

"I understand, Doctor. Please can you tell me what is going on with my wife. Is she going to be okay?"

"I am not sure yet, Mr Oberoi. Mrs Oberoi has experienced a traumatic ordeal. I am not sure if there will be any side effects. She has responded better than I expected to the treatment. She has however been more concerned about you. She seems to think that you are hurt and that you are in some kind of danger." The doctor told him.

Omkara looked back at him in confusion. "I really don't understand why she would think that."

"It is not uncommon for her to be confused after her experience. But we will run a few more tests." Doctor Sinha said.

"I would like to stay with Gauri, Doctor? She is new to the city and I don't want her being afraid when she wakes."

"That will be fine, Mr Oberoi. I will make arrangements with the nurse on duty."

Omkara stood up, extended his hand, "Thank you, Dr Sinha. I cannot thank you enough for everything that you have done for Gauri." He said emotionally. He left the room and returned to Gauri's ward.

A nurse was busy checking the machines all around her. He moved to the side of her bed. He noted that a more comfortable chair had been moved in. He acknowledged the nurse with a nod and took the seat. He carefully picked up the tiny hand and lifted it to his lips.

He looked at the still pale Gauri and noted her tiny features. She was beautiful he noted. A stray strand waved against her cheek. He moved it and tucked it behind her ear. Gauri stirred slightly and relaxed again in her slumber.

She looked peaceful. She looked young. She was young. Younger than he realised.

AUTHOR'S NOTE THANK YOU, FOR READING MY STORY. PLEASE TELL ME THAT U ARE ENJOYING IT BY VOTING AND COMMENTING AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THAT I WOULD KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

******PLEASE VOTE*******