chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

A FEW MORE VOTES PLEASE I FIND THAT I NEED YOU VOTES TO INSPIRE ME TO WRITE

It would seem that the press had already got wind of something happening with the Oberoi's. Shivaay used his influence to ensure that nothing is printed in the major news publications, but there were many smaller ones and the Oberoi's were public business. Journalists and reporters lined the street. The blinding flashes of the cameras did not even register in his numbed state.

They entered the house where all of the inhabitants were gathered in the living room. Several police officers were present. Two seemed to stand guard outside the study door. Omkara stood behind his Daadi. He placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a gentle squeeze. She reciprocated by place her palm over his. A slight tug and a gentle clasp. The non-verbal communication giving him support. He moved to sit beside her, her hand still clutched in his giving him some comfort. The resplendent room, cheerfully bedecked for celebrating now jeering them. Mocking him.

The Magnificent Book still stood in the place of honour as it did previously. The door of the study opened letting out one of the servant. Another followed and eventually all the servants had been interviewed.

The members of the family quiet. Not sure what to do. How do they react? They were well aware that Omkara did not consider Gauri as his wife. After all had they not all been present when Shivaay had forcibly brought Gauri back, despite Omkara's rejection.

Omkara left Daadi's hand and leaned forward resting his elbows in his knees. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, wishing he knew what was going on in the hospital.

The shrill ring of the phone pierced the silence in the room. He stood and looked at the offensive device. Wanting to answer and then not wanting to. He looked around the room and realised that every one of them felt them felt the same way.

He moved towards the device and picked up the receiver, dreading the message. "Hello," he answered, disjointedly.

"Can I speak to Mr Omkara Singh Oberoi, please? This is Nurse Ramdhari from City Hospital."

AUTHOR'S NOTE THANK YOU, FOR READING MY STORY. PLEASE TELL ME THAT U ARE ENJOYING IT BY VOTING AND COMMENTING AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THAT I WOULD KNOW HOW YOU FEEL