The Absolute Worst

Start from the beginning

"Every word."

"Oh Elphie, don't-"

"So you didn't mean it?"

"Of course not!"

She blinks her tears back, trying to smile but failing. She bites her green lip in despair. I try to reach out and hug her.

"I-" she pushes me away before I can say another word.

"Please Galinda, just leave me alone. I understand you didn't mean it. Well.. I do now. But I just need time to clear my mind." She breezes into the library. I, on the other hand (**or should I say, Upper hand- get it? because Galinda's an Upland. Of the UpperUpland.. Screw it. Keep reading. Excuse my stupidity.**) I went to the cafe. It was empty. Ahh, the perfect place to sulk.

I let a man with a pungent scent and a knotted beard buy me drinks, only so I wouldn't have to pay for drinks myself. After a while of endless and stupid pick up lines, he sighs and gives up.

I down my third glass as he stumbles out the door.

Later that night, I run into Fiyero. Well.. More of Fiyero runs into me. Literally. Even though I'm the half-drunk one.

"Miss Galinda! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.."

"Oh don't worry. What's the rush?"

"Morrible's after me. But I have something to do before she kicks me out of your dorm areas. It's a simple letter delivery, but.."

"I could do it for you!" I say a little too cheerily, causing my head to start pounding.

"Really? You're a dear, Miss Galinda." He pulls a green envelope out of his pocket, frantically smoothing out the creases. He hands it to me. "It's for Miss Elphaba."

I freeze. "Wait. Elphie?"

"Yes."

"What did you write?" I ask. His eyes sparkle.

"Why, it's a confession of my feelings."

"Your feelings?!"

He sighs. "Miss Galinda, you do remember that we established that we weren't actually perfect together, right?"

"Of course. But it's not us I'm referring to. You and Elphaba are the ones I'm referring to."

"If you must know, I have deep feelings for her. And if I've read her implications right, she has feelings for me as well."

I nod, but for some odd reason, my stomach churns.. to my surprise.

I mean, I don't have feelings for Fiyero anymore. We're only friends. So why did I feel so uneasy? In fact, I think I'm a little.. jealous.

Maybe it's the alcohol.

"Fiyero Tiggular!" Madame Morrible growls, marching over.

"Thanks, Galinda. I owe you a favor as of.. Right now," Fiyero grins before running off. I stuff the letter into my pocket.

"Miss Galinda, do go back to your dormitory. It's nearly 12!" Morrible scolds, still set on catching the Winkie.

It's only then that I realize how late it is. But I'm not in much of a hurry to get back. I notice the rain outside, and immediately think of Elphie - and her problem with rainstorms. I almost smile before remembering the somewhat heartbreaking conversation at the library. My heart aches as I trudge back to the room, through the merciless rain, wishing I had drank something stronger.

...

Ah, yes. Then after that, there was the whole "window" problem, my sheets got soaked. And she offered to share her bed with me.

And not at all in the night did we have any physical contact.

I think. I'm fairly sure, becau-

"Glin? Why are you on the floor?" She says behind me. The sound of her voice startles me a little too much, and I yelp in surprise. She walks around, standing next to me, but makes no effort to pick me up off the ground.

"Sorry, I.. I just fell. Uh, what are you doing here, anyway? Didn't you leave for classes?"

"No, my first one starts at noon."

"Where were you, then? When I woke up, you weren't here.."

"I was fiddling with my hair.."

That's when I notice that her long, dark, river of hair is slightly curled. I jump to my feet in excitement.

"It looks.. Well.. Fabulicious!"

"Is that even a word?"

"Doesn't matter. Your hair just looks so beautiful, Elphie!"

She smiles shyly. "Thank you, my sweet."

I feel my cheeks grow hot. It always happens when she calls me that, even if I'm mad at her. It's like my kryptonite, it'll always make me grow weak in the knees. I just didn't know why...

Alright. I did. Of course I did. I was avoiding the reasoning behind it, though. Mostly because.. Well...

I knew it'd change things.

--

A/N: lololol. am i doing okay?