dalawampu't isa

++  21 : playlist

"i find this fascinating."

"what's fascinating about this?" she asked in reply, waving her arms around.

he pointed at her, "you," his finger back to him, "me." chuckling, "i mean, you hate me with all your glory yet you agreed on going out with me." he continued.

"maybe i was out of my mind early this morning."

"you should often be out of your mind then." he chuckled then but his lip to avoid the formation of a full-blown laugh.

"don't make me regret losing my mind." she replied in between small laughs. "you know that waitress over there is giving you the 'i-want-to-fuck-you-tonight stare." she said bobbing her head to the waitress's direction.

"don't mind her, i'm not interested." he replied, maintaining eye-contact with her. "i'm only interested in you."

she choked on the ice cream she was digging in, funny, i know. she ignored his statement with a 'not so awkward' silence, continuing to eat both of their dessert in a small ice cream shop near the park.

       he decided to break the silence, "i've always been very curious about what kind of music you listen to." he stated. "what songs you played on repeat, who your favorite artists are."

               "that sounded weirder than what i expected it to be." she replied with an awkward stare, "you sould like someone." she continued as she carried on with eating her ice cream.

               "who?" he asked, which came out as a sort of a 'hmm', while sipping on his chocolate shake.

               "oh, that someone who leaves letters in my locker."

                he felt his cheeks, his ears, heaten up like a girl giggling, "you have someone sending you letters?"

               "wow." she glared. "thanks."

               "what? i didn't mean to blurt that out as something offensive." he said as he grabbed her phone, who peacefully sat on the maroon table.

"hey!" she said, trying to reach her phone that was in his hands. flickering his fingers to type in the passwork, a smirk grew as he successfully opened it, "0000? really?" he laughed, "your password sucks."

"whatever." she replied, closing her arms. "i can't memorize complex numbers, you already know that."

"i didn't know that."

word vomit.

"well, you know it now." she smiled, hoping that the smile she put up hid the anxiousness in her gut.

"let me see your playlist."

"you already have my phone anyways."

"why do you have a lot of playlists?" he said looking up from her phone to directly into her eyes.

she frowned, "i don't know." she mumbled, taking a slice from her chocolate cake. "i just don't know what kind of music i'm into in a day or two, it switches from one taste to another."

"what a player." he chuckled, which was returned by a glare from her. "what is your 'taste' right now?"

"you."

his body stiffened as his heart pumped 3 times faster that it usually does like something was filling up is veins, "what?" he asked, confused.

"the playlist titled 'you'." she replied, causing all his stomach churning moment to a sad moment of an upside down smily face emoji.

"oh." he said. clicking unto the playlist that never did he knew was for him.