labingsiyam

++ 19 : paper messages

a small ball of paper hit her head as the teacher was scribbling numbers that she never understood on the board. picking it up from the floor, she opened it.

date me?

looking at the people behind her, she saw him, who was paying attention to the teacher's blabbers and scribbles on the board, on the other hand, she also saw the main vocalist who was looking at her as if he wanted an answer which made her conclude that it was from him. she looked away and kept the piece of paper inside her back pocket. a ball of paper hit her again. picking it up once again, it read,

i'll wait for your answer.

sighing, she slid it inside her back pocket again. she never really knew how she felt about it, if she wanted to give him a chance or not. on another point of view, there he sat, totally aware about everything, how the main vocalist which he mentally called 'that fucking guy' threw paper messages at her and he hated it. he was constantly beating him up at the back of his mind. he was well aware that 'that fucking guy' was totally having heart eyes on her and he hated the idea of the both of them with every vein in his body.

lunch came by, the bell rang and it sounded like music to her ears knowing that class was finally over. she hated listening to every word that comes out from the teacher's mouth, it sounded like those awful obnoxious sirens. her shoes were squeaking as it thrusted onto the floor, running out to avoid having to answer the main vocalist of the band, she finally reached the cafeteria and search for her best friend.

"hey, what the fuck" her bestfriend greeted, "i heard you're dating your band's main vocalist?"

"hey, what that fuck" she mocked, "we are not." she said, grabbing a tray and lining up.

"well, that's what everybody says." rumors spread like wildfire, one word could be the match lit on fire and everybody else was the gasoline, spreading from one body to another.

as they sat on their usual table, at peace, someone had to come to destroy it. the vocalist sat beside her with e tray in hand, placing in on the table, he said, "hey, mind if i join?"

"yes." she said, while her best friend said a "no" at the same time. she glared at her best friend knowing how uncomfortable she is but being him, he ignored what they said and just sat beside her.

"why the fuck are the people talking about us dating?" she asked facing him.

"don't mind them."

"how can i not mind when suddenly everyone talks about me. i never even answered you in the first place."

"but you never said no, also." the vocalist replied with a smile, taking a bite from his sandwich. "just don't mind them, okay? as long as you and i both know that we aren't and i'm still waiting for your answer. i guess they just don't have anything relevant in their lives." before she could respond and blabber another rant, someone squeezed in and sat between the both of them. a usual guess, him.

"i know you don't mind me sitting here, babygirl."