anim

++ 06 : love, want and her

               "remember two years ago?" he asked her as they were working on a activity in which they, eventually, got paired up.

               "what now, idiot?" she gritted her teeth. "stop talking to me, you have a girlfriend anyway and she hates my guts."

               ignoring what she said, he continued, "two years ago, when i first 'really' met you."

               "what do you mean? please go away, we fucking met ages ago." she replied. the bell rang, she immediately stood up and ran out of class. what she said finally sank in her head, stopping her footsteps, she stood there still as she felt an arm on her shoulder.

               "what?" he asked, he held on to her shoulder as he was able to catch up with her outside the classroom. "i know i'm hot and all but were you stalking me from your window all along?"

               "are you crazy?" she said, thinking of a way to cover up the words that flew out of her mouth, "we're neighbors, idiot, of course i knew you ages ago. my dad and i even visited you in the hospital."

               "i know that but how come we don't see each other before?"

               "you don't deserve my presence", with that, she started to walk again.

               although his confusion was starting to build up, he sighed and shut his eyes for a moment. "hey!" he said loudly for her to hear while she was already walking away but she never stopped nor looked back.

                he spoke again, "remember when you told me how different love and want is?" with that, she finally stopped with her tracks.

               "hey mom! can i please buy this drumset?" she pleaded.

               "i already said no, it would just add up to the claustrophobia at the house."

               "please please mom, i really want it. it won't be in your house anyway, it'd be placed in dad's."

               "i said no. so ask your dad then."

               "fine, whatever."

               he walked towards her, "do you really want it that much?"

               she looked up and was flabbergasted at the sight of him. blinking once, twice, she just couldn't believe her eyes but she managed to reply, "yeah, i do want it but i dont specifically love it."

               "love and want aren't different." he said.

               "i don't know." she said biting her lip. "love is a strong word and want isn't. you can live without something you want but when it comes to love, it is the exact opposite way around."

               "i guess so." he said softly as he extended his hand towards her, "what's your name? i'm—"

               he sprinted towards her. "you alright?"

               "you know what?" she breathed, "i realized a lot coming from that statement i said two years ago."

               "what?"

               "you can't want something you don't love."

               then it hit him.

               the girl that hates him the most was the one. he wanted her, he loved her, not his girlfriend, nor anyone but her.

               it made no sense to him, not even a slight bit but it was her and always will be her.