22

"Terrible." She looked up at him as she grabbed her glass of ice water taking a sip.
"Hmm," she replied setting it down and glancing back down towards the papers.

She knew he wanted to talk. He wanted to tell her things and she was nervous, and especially tense. He made her feel anxious something about him threw her off balance internally.

He walked towards his office setting his jacket on his desk. As he stood in front of his desk he looked across the room at Stella, she didn't notice and he decided that it was the right time to speak to her. He wanted to open up to her when she wasn't expecting it so that she wouldn't protest his efforts. He wanted her to feel comfortable in expressing her past to him so he knew he would have to take the first step. He wasn't afraid though he was more curious of what she had been through and having to relive some of his childhood to understand hers was a small price to pay in his eyes.

He walked over sitting on the couch while she stacked up the folders.
"Stella,"
"Yes," she replied kindly turning from her papers.
"When I was younger my parents sent me away," he started and she turned back to the stack avoiding eye contact with him. She closed her eyes understanding what he was doing as a chill came over her entire body. He watched her body tremble for a moment and then looked back up at the ceiling,
"They wanted me to become a Jedi they thought it was there choice to tell me what I was supposed to become. They irritated me they assumed they knew what was best but they didn't understand or even ask what I wanted. Eventually I killed my father. My mother is with the resistance, technically the leader and I hesitate when I sense her presence. It makes me feel weaker than I should and I hate it. I hate that I have a connection to her after all this time."

He stopped speaking and slowly stood up walking over towards Stella. He placed his hand gently on the small of her back. As she flinched to his touch and shut her eyes a little tighter than they were. His dark brown eyes were filled with concern, he wasn't sure what exactly bothered her so much. But whatever it was, it saddened her terribly. He could feel the pain radiating off of her and it angered him very much.

How could someone as kind as her go through something to make her so sad? Who could do this to such a warm hearted girl? They deserve to be punished, deeply.