11

Although Ren was wearing his mask he was smiling underneath of it. Her voice was calming she paralyzed him with the sound of it. It's as though the darkness seized within him and he was his old self. But she didn't know that and was still frightened having to stare down a metal mask.

She looked back to the paper in front of her. She reached for the pen to sign the final lines, but the pen floated off the table towards Ren. She watched as it stood in front of him sitting in the air without any support. He watched her confused expression as she pondered the insanity of the situation.

She looked back to the paper silently.

"Stella, I don't..."
The door slid open as both their heads shot towards it. Commander Ren stood up and Stella grabbed the pen while he wasn't looking so she could finish signing.

"I'm here to pick up the signed documents," the guy said. She signed the final sheet and stood up with the stack in her hands. She walked over giving it to him gently so that they wouldn't end up on the ground.

"You were General Hux's assistant right," the guy questioned curiously looking at the signature.
"I was," she nodded.
"I'm Fred," he smiled at her.
"Stella," she replied quietly.
Commander Ren glared through his mask reading Fred's thoughts and it was obvious that Fred liked her. Commander Ren walked until he stood a step in front of Stella. He didn't want her with someone like Fred he didn't want her with anyone.

She calms him.
He protects her.

Fred waved silently seeing that he wasn't welcome her as she smiled and the sliding door slid behind him. She looked up at Ren as he turned and went into his office without another word.

Alright? What to do now?

She looked around the room and saw piles of random papers and files practically everywhere. However, there was a filing cabinet behind where she was sitting so she decided to put things in their place. She started at the long table picking up files and alphabetizing them. It had taken about an hour.

Then she opened the file drawer and made new tabs with neat letters on them so they were actually legible. She walked over to the table and started transferring the folders to the drawer.

Ren heard her shuffling papers and he became so restless that he slid the door open abruptly from his chair. He saw her walking from the table to the other side of the room. He kept watching as she took one file after the other, his eyes following her back and forth from left to right. He stood quietly not wanting to disturb her as he glanced in from the doorway and she made her way back to the cabinet. Then as she went for another file he walked to the cabinet. He looked in it and thumbed through all of the tabs she had written up. He stepped to the side watching as she placed another file in its place.

He walked back into his office quickly and then walked over to the table with a stack of 20 or so more files.

Stella turned around as he stood next to the files and she laughed at the situation.

"Any others," she asked as she walked over to the files he had just brought her.

"I didn't ask you to clean," he stated sternly.
"I know," she replied as she took one of his folders turning around to file it.