"Guys, I don't think that's a good idea..." you trailed off as they were already gone. You sighed and crossed your arms, staring after them.

-

As soon as they were out of the view of the bakery, Jimin whirled on Yoongi. "What is your deal, stray?" He spat at him.

The older cat didn't even flinch at the insult and also didn't back away from the younger's angry face. He just rolled his eyes. "What's my deal? My deal is your owner hired me. And sorry if you can't deal with that, but right now you are keeping me from my breakfast. And I swear to god if my coffee is cold..."

"That's right," Jimin growled, stepping closer to the older cat, nearly nose to nose, "my owner so don't-" his nostrils flared and he sniffed. "Why do you smell like her?" He demanded, stepping back quickly.

Yoongi's calm slipped for a second at the question before he collected himself again, shrugging. "I haven't showered since working with her yesterday," he said, turning to head back to the bakery.

Suddenly. Jimin grabbed his shoulder and turned him back around to face him, gripping hard and pulling him close. "Stay away from y/n," he growled, baring his teeth, his ears pressed flat against his head and his tail twitching.

Yoongi returned the gesture, showing his teeth as well and shaking the younger's hand off of him. "No can do, little kitty," he said, flicking the charm hanging from his collar. "I like this job, and I need it." And with that he turned and headed back into the bakery to find a nervous y/n standing at the register. She sighed seeing them both return in one piece. It was cute how she was worried....no, don't think like that. She's your boss. He grabbed his breakfast and threw a dark look at Jimin who had gone back behind the counter to stand by her. "See you Wednesday y/n," he said, as she smiled at him. "Or maybe tomorrow if I get hungry," he finished, smirking at Jimin who scowled at him darkly in response. As he walked away, he couldn't help but smile to himself. He knew he smelled like y/n, and he had gotten a sniff of the other cat too and Jimin...Jimin did not smell like y/n, not like Yoongi did.

-

You turned on Jimin who immediately shrank back from you now that the other cat was gone, "What were you two talking about?" You demanded.

He looked at you sheepishly. "I just wanted to make sure he knew I was serious."

"Serious about what?" You asked.

"Serious about you being mine," he replied, shrugging. "He doesn't wear a collar y/n. He doesn't have an owner, which means he is probably looking for one and you already have a hybrid." All these things he said as if they should have been obvious to you.

"Who says just because he doesn't have an owner he's looking for one?" You asked with your hands on your hips. "He seems like kind of a loner, maybe he's happy as he is. And," you continued, realizing something else Jimin had said and lifting your hands questioningly, "who says just because I already have a hybrid doesn't mean I can't have another? None of these hybrid 'rules' make any sense, and I - kitty? What is it?" You asked, noticing Jimin's face had fallen and his bottom lip was trembling.

"You want another hybrid? I-I'm not good enough?" He asked, tears leaking down his round cheeks.

"No, kitten I was just saying that-" but you were cut off as the bell above the door tinkled and a customer entered. Jimin quickly darted back to the kitchen as you turned to help them.

He mostly hid in the back for the remainder of the morning and you chewed your lip, watching the clock and feeling terrible. You had just been speaking your thoughts aloud and hadn't realized it would hurt Jimin's feelings. You knew you could be insensitive sometimes and you wanted to apologize to him. When it was finally time to close, you locked the door and headed to the kitchen to find him sitting on the counter, his face puffy and red from crying. You placed yourself between his legs as they dangled over the side and reached up to cup his cheeks softly in your hands.

"Kitten, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. You know I don't know much about hybrids, so please try and understand where I am coming from when I say silly things like that. I don't need another hybrid, you're my favorite kitty. Ok?" You said soothingly.

His eyes lit up at the last thing you said. "I'm your favorite kitty? Do you really mean it? Out of aaaall the kitties in the world, I'm your favorite?" He asked excitedly.

"My favoritest favorite," you chuckled, mussing his hair and touching the tip of your nose to his.

He giggled but then considered for a moment. "So...you like me even more than Yoongi hyung?" He asked hesitantly.

"Of course I do," you said, your thoughts trailing back once more to Yoongi's pink lips, but you pushed them away. No matter what, you would always love Jimin more. He was your kitty.

You stood on your toes and kissed his soft cheek and scratched his ears. "Come on, silly kitty. I'm starving, let's get out of here." He smiled brightly and hopped off the counter, holding your hand as the two of you headed home.

" He smiled brightly and hopped off the counter, holding your hand as the two of you headed home

-

I like to jump POV, hopefully it's not too confusing for you!

Thanks for reading 💜