Chapter 13

Sabine's P.O.V

   "You're what?" I finally said, after what left like ten minutes. Ketsu looked away in shame after telling me her secret. How could she not tell me? We've been best friends for so long! Why wouldn't she tell me something like this?

   "You know I don't like repeating myself, Syndulla," She muttered, still not looking me in the eye.

   "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, a bit upset.

   "I thought you would abandon me if I told you. I've started getting cyber bullied a little but it's been some time since I last checked anything on my phone," She explained. I sighed, understanding the situation a bit better before nodding.

   "I wouldn't, in a million years, abandon you. You're my best friend. We have each other's back no matter what," I said, punching her arm a little. Ketsu smiled happily in relief and I felt a weight on my shoulder lighten a bit.

   "There's also something else you should know," she added, "Some people began saying that...well...we're dating."

   I cringed a bit knowing that it was far from the truth. Ketsu was like my long lost sister. Sure we hangout a lot, but that's just because we get along so well. It's nobodies business whether she is straight or not. I support her either way and will not let actual true rumors get in the way of that.

   "We'll figure something out," I promised.

   Ketsu nodded before asking, "So...how was the walking and talking blueberry for you?"

   I cringed at the memory of that horrible day. Why does my life turn into a knot of problems every time Jarrus is around? First, him acting innocent, then that horrible plan, and lastly, the shooting. I still get nightmares from that day.

   "Not the best," she said. I nodded as we began walking down the hallway. There was so much I wanted to tell her happening in my crazy life. So much that I want to let off my chest but I couldn't give her all my problems to deal with when she already has her own.

We walked around in silence until the bell rang. Students rushed out of the lunchroom like ants crawling from their home in a hurry. Ketsu and I split ways as I headed towards my next class, having less weight and problem from my shoulders. She was going to be okay but I'm going to have to find the idiot who found out her secret.

   Ketsu was really good a keeping secrets and she didn't talk with many people other than Wedge and I. So...who could have spoiled the secret like that online?

   After returning home, I was greeted with the last face I wanted to see. Jarrus. He and mom were on the couch doing his homework. Mom looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey, Sabine. You want to join us?" She asked. I returned the smile and shook my head "no."

"I'm going to do it in my room. Call me down when supper is ready," I said, before bolting to my room and trying not to look suspicious. At the moment, I wanted to be alone for once and distract myself from everything.

   It took about an hour and a half before finishing my homework because I kept dazing in and out of my mind. I was a tired wreck and almost fell asleep when someone knocked at the door.

   "Come in," I yawned and turned to see Jarrus open the door and walk in. I honestly thought he left and assumed it was mom at the door. Peachy.

   "What?" I asked, annoyed they he was still here and not talking faster. He narrowed his eyes at me and shut the door.

   "I've got another plan to break them up, grouch," Ezra spoke, quietly and rolled his eyes. Great, just what I want to hear, another failure waiting to happen.