"sure!" she cheered. "mmmm! it's so good! ice cream, it's not that hard!"

her humor made me smile. i loved how cheerful she always seemed to be- how she seems to bring light and happiness everywhere she goes.

"you are my star..." she began to quietly sing.

"me?" i joked and laughed as i hit her arm.

"give me money first."

"yeri-ah!"

"now that i think of you..." she continued to sing.

"you know, yerim... our story is amazing, isn't it?"

"mm?"

"we were childhood friends, then you moved away. then you suddenly messaged me a few years later. isn't that amazing?"

she turned to me with her serious brown eyes. "yes, it's amazing. it's amazing that i'm lucky enough to have you."

"i am great, aren't i?" i joked.

she pushed my body and continued to smile.

"you know, unnie. you know a lot about me, but i don't know that much about you."

"shall i talk about myself?"

"please?"

"ah, my favorite topic." i said as i smiled at her. her eyes were full of curiosity and wonder, taking in every word that i was saying. "i have two younger sisters, so i was the oldest daughter in my family. because of that, i never really liked to smile. i would often keep a straight face, even if i was truly happy. i couldn't help myself, you know? then, i met you. i didn't realize it, but you were my smile. i realize that i began to laugh and smile after you moved in a few years ago. it took me a while to remember, but we were best friends. we would always walk to school and go home together. we would always hang out with each other too. i remember now, i was so happy- until you left."

"unnie..." she tried to say.

"hey, don't worry about it. i'm not done." i said as i smiled at her. "after that, i went to high school and met the unnies. we got closer over the years, so i was able to find a little of my happiness. then... this one summer. the greatest girl messaged me and talked to me. i instantly fell in love with her, not knowing that she was the girl i loved in my childhood."

yeri's smile became wider as i continued to speak. her cheeks slowly became red as she tried to hold in her reaction.

"i love you so much yeri, but i think you already know that." i told her as i motioned for a hug.

she immediately went into my arms, "i love you so much, sooyoung unnie."

"do you want to take a walk with me?" i asked.

she nodded as we were still in the position of the hug.

- yeri -

"unnie, we're going to go for a walk!" sooyoung unnie screamed to irene unnie, who was casually sitting down with the other unnies

she stood up and lended me her hand for me to take. once i was able to stand up, she intertwined our fingers together.

"miss kim yerim, you're about to experience the best minutes of your life." she joked.

"please, i already have." i responded.

she smiled as we started to walk away from the picnic area we had been staying in.

she looked at the skyline, recognizing how beautiful it was. i couldn't help but realize how truly amazing her visuals were. i was mesmerized by her.

"the sky's pretty, isn't it?" she asked as she faced me.

"you're prettier." i responded as she smiled at the comment.

the walk felt amazing. it was refreshing and energizing at the same time. the cool breeze that passed us, the skyline that left us in awe- everything felt unreal.

she suddenly started to run, dragging me with her. "unnie!" i screamed.

we ran across the surroundings of the beach area, which felt like a marathon to me. by the end of it, we were at the picnic area, with the other unnies.

"looks like you two had fun." wendy unnie openly stated.

"yup! we did!" joy happily exclaimed.

i was extremely worn out and tired. but, i had to admit.

spending time with her felt like a heaven that shined upon my dark world.