"No." Alex pouted like a little boy.

"Then here." I tossed his bag at him.

"I don't need this." He shook his head.

"Why not?' I crossed my arms over his chest.

"Fuck school." Al shrugged.

"Why would you say that?" I crouched down to his level.

"Prostitution." Alex actually smiled.

"Are you telling me that you're actually going to drop out of school to constantly have sex?"

"Yep!" Wow. He was proud of this. "I'm told I'm the best kid anyone as ever fucked."

"Alex!" I groaned. I wanted to smack him on the head. Hell, I wanted to hit him worse than that.

"Jace!" He mocked me. "I'll see you tonight." He got up and started walking. Again, he left his bag behind.

I let him go. I didn't try to stop him. He wasn't going to whore himself off today. Alex was probably going to a friends house, or just bum around town. I honestly don't blame him for skipping school today with the night he had last night.

Honestly, he isn't my responsibly. I care about him. He's an abused child who needs help. I'm not going to just forget about him! But his education is his problem. Not mine. His friend also seems to be an ass. Not my problem. I can't stop him from hanging out with anyone.

I climbed in my car, and began driving. Then I remembered Alex never had breakfast. He also doesn't have any money on him. I hit my head on the steering wheel, and groaned out in frustration.

I drove around the back of the building, thinking I'd fine Alex walking far away from the the apartment.

Instead, Alex had both feet against the brick wall, and his arm through the window which was only slightly cracked open.

"Alexander!" I blurted out through my window. Then immediately regretted what came from my mouth. Alex's head snapped around and his face paled. He let his arm slip from the window, then fell to the wet ground. "Shit!" I  hissed. Then ran out of the car. I made sure not to slip on the concrete, but hurried over to Alex. "I'm so sorry." I panicked. I thought it would be like earlier, where my touch would make him better. But it wasn't.

"Get away from me, Jace! Get the fuck away, and leave me alone!" He shouted.

"Alex, please at least stand up so I know you're okay. It wasn't an easy fall."

"Fuck off, Jace. I thought Dad was lying about you being a damn sex offender, but clearly not!"

I stared at him in both shock and confusion. Maybe even hurt. "You honestly think I'm going to take advantage of you?"  I couldn't help but raise my voice.

"You called me Alexander!" Alex cried out. "If the walls are thin enough you know he calls me Alexander right before he does his things!"

I mentally slapped myself across the face. "Alex, I'm sorry. I freaked out and it slipped. I will never touch you or hurt you. Please forgive me. I won't do it again. Okay?" I spoke quickly and hoped he knew how sorry I was.

I was about to put my hand on his shoulder, but he flinched away. "Alex, are you okay?" i pulled my hand back, and was just talking to him again. At first, Alex nodded quickly, but then shook his head.

"I don't know." He sighed.

"What can I do for you ?" I moved only a little closer to him.

Alex looked at me, then looked up at the cloudy sky. "Absolutely nothing."