Hidden in Plain Sight

Începe de la început

"Hate that guy," he heard from besides him, turning to his right to see his good friend Louise, her gaze also directed at the man in question, "and it takes a lot for me to hate someone." Phil had to agree; Louise was a generally positive person, always having something nice to say about everyone, but obviously, this wasn't the case at this moment. Dan didn't say anything, but the way he looked at the focus of their attention made his opinion pretty obvious, his left eyebrow quirking upwards as his mouth worked into a subtle scowl.

"I'm close to twenty million subscribers now!" The man boasted to a nearby creator, who honestly looked like they'd rather be engulfed by the earth itself than ensure this conversation, but they just smiled sweetly, not responding vocally.

Soon enough, a person who was probably important walked onto the stage, forcing the audience to silence themselves. Phil shot one more look at the back of the blonde's head before trying to focus on what the woman was saying, but it was difficult when he could feel the coolness of his knife through the bag by his feet.

*

"Just going to the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute." Dan barely looked at him before continuing his conversation with Louise, which Phil could only assume to be hilarious, given her loud laughter and tears forming in her eyes.

But instead of going straight for the bathroom, he detoured towards his target, who was currently engaged in conversation with what appeared to be a willing participant, much to Phil's surprise. What a shame.

"Hey, Logan!"

He looked up, practically pushing his conversation partner away to look Phil up and down. Seemingly happy with what he saw, he went to shake Phil's hand, adopting a firm, bone crushing grip.

"What's up, man?" They'd only talked once or twice before, but that was only in passing at other conference or conventions, yet he still used such informal terms of address? Phil plastered a fake smile on his face, though it felt like his cheekbones were burning in protest.

"I just wanted to talk to you about a collab? Maybe we could go somewhere quieter?" Logan shrugged, following Phil out of the room, where everyone else was too distracted by their own conversations or food to notice. The rest of the building was empty, so it wasn't long until he found a suitable office to enter, closing the door behind him.

"So, what are you proposing?" Logan leaned against the desk lazily, watching Phil not unlike how a predator would watch it's prey.

"Hang on, let me just get some notes." Phil placed his bag on the space behind him, his back towards Logan so he wouldn't be able to see. Phil reached into the very back pocket, his hand clasping firmly around a handle of a knife he had sharpened the evening prior.

This had been the moment Phil had been waiting for. By no means was this his first murder; no, that had been far too sloppy, but at least he'd made it look like an accident. He'd learned a lot since then; he'd even packed cleaning materials for the blood. It was a good thing Logan was on the desk really; blood was a bastard to clean off of the carpet.

The desk itself had a large crevice under it; a nice place to store a body. At least, until someone inevitably found it, but Phil would be long gone by then.

"Can we hurry this up? Theo's going to be wondering where I am." Oh, is that what his bodyguard is called? Phil couldn't help but smirk at the name before pulling the knife out quickly, pinning his victim to the table, unable to move.

"What are you doing?" He shouted, squirming under Phil's weight.

"What does it look like?" Phil smirked, waving the knife in front of Logan's face, letting the light reflect off the blade as if to show off it's sharpness. To be fair, he'd spent ages making sure it was just right, so this was the least it deserved to do it justice before Logan could no longer appreciate it for what it was.