You Can't Keep A Good Girl Down

Start from the beginning

"Wahey!" I shouted as we popped open the bottle of expensive champagne back at the house, the contents spraying out like you only ever see it do on the television. I filled everyone's glasses, being careful not to spill any on Mikito's new Persian rug.

"Okay, okay! I would like to make a toast. Anthony! Put down those silly hedge trimmers and come and join in with the toast! Moon child, pour him a glass. Okay now, I would just like so say a few words. Alison and Moon Child, having you two in my life has been a gift that words can't explain. Alison, you have not only been my business partner for the last twenty years, but also my best friend and I never thought that when I took you in over two decades ago, I'd share the joy of watching little Miki grow up from a cute little baby, to a lovely child to a beautiful young woman who has so much confidence and love for everyone and who has also found a handsome young man to spend her time with. You two are like daughters to me and I love you both with all of my heart. So a toast, to Alison Romani and to Miki and Greg!" Miki raised her glass high and everyone followed suit.

"Okay, me and Greg are going to prepare dinner now. Do not disturb our masterpiece!" I said, draining the glass and dragging Greg towards the kitchen.

I danced around the kitchen waving my hand in the air after almost burning it when stirring the sauce. Greg was still chopping onions, wiping his eyes with his sleeves to try and stop the stinging tears. "That's enough." I told him when there was a mini onion mountain on the chopping board.

“Good, I was starting to worry that I’d end up chopping my hand up. I can’t see a damn thing.” He moved to wash his hands, blinking constantly. I slipped all the onions into the sauce, being extra careful not to lose my own hand to a severe burn. I stirred it all in and smirked when a pair of arms crept around my waist and a pair of lips brushed against my ear. I placed the wooden spoon down on the counter top and turned in Greg's hold to face him. "I have got to say that I am extremely proud of myself." He said, a lopsided smile on his face.

"And why is that?" I laughed.

"Because I have managed to go a full forty-eight hours without kissing you. This is surprising because I want to kiss you every minute of every day and so to be with you for forty-eight hours and not kiss you has taken a hell of a lot of self control on my half." He explained, his eyebrow raised and smile fixed in place.

"Can you make it to forty-nine hours?" I asked.

"I only have so much self control Miks." Greg whispered before crashing his lips against mine.

I smiled into the kiss and Greg took my bottom lip into his mouth, biting it softly before soothing it with the tip of his tongue. I sighed into the kiss, my fingers becoming tangled in his messy light hair and the kiss deepened. His hands roamed up my sides his fingers were drawing patterns through the thin cotton of my shirt. I backed into the kitchen unit and Greg followed, pulling himself closer to me, his fingers creeping slowly up the bottom of my top. The touch of his hands on my bare skin was enough to send shivers up my spine and I moved to deepened the kiss even more, a low guttural moan rising from the back of my throat. It spurred Greg on, the kiss becoming more desperate, his hands brushing over my ribcage as he pulled me even closer, my leg sliding between his.

It was only when I smelt something burning did I pull away and rush over to the oven, my hair messy, my cheeks flushed and my lips slightly swollen. The pasta was burning and the sauce had bubbled over. I turned everything off and then looked over at Greg. He was controlling his breathing and his face was flushed, his hair sticking up in all directions. The two of us started laughing and sorted ourselves out.