Cheeseball and Dimples | KNJ x Reader

Start from the beginning

His eyes lights up in an instant, knowing that you bought him the limited edtion Kaws that he'd been hankering for for the longest time.

"Maybe it's a better idea for me to keep it for myself and leave you sulking away like a little kid. Bye man-child!" you flip your hair as you turn to leave, giggling away as you hear his whining.

"Y/N~~~ noooo my figurine~!!!"

God you missed his company. The easy banter between the both of you and the fact that you two are comfortable enough to have your insults roll off each other, knowing that either of you don't mean anything. This friendship was something that had happened unexpectedly as you worked a contract at BigHit a few years ago. You hadn't expected to meet any of the boys and now you're calling NamJoon your best friend.

Walking into the living room, you feel a pair of arms suddenly wrap around you from behind. Recently, he's been initiating a lot of skinship with you, mainly because he likes to fluster you up. Ever since he had accidentally tripped and pulled you down with him months ago, he keeps trying to make you blush as madly as you did back then. He found it funny.

You don't.

"Get your hands off me Joonie, before you get hurt." you warned.

"Awww, you love me too much to hurt me." he quips back

"OMG, did you just like swallow a whole cheeseball this morning??? Eww, stop being so cringey."

"But you like me cringey."

Your eyes roll almost entirely at that. While it's true, you never openly said so, knowing that it will just open a floodgate of cheese and corn. With that as a final warning, you elbow him in his ribs, hard enough for him to gasp but you know that it doesn't hurt.

"Y/N~~ how could you! How could you do this to me!"

You can't help the exasperated laugh that bubbles out, "Gosh Joonie! When did you become such a drama mama?"

"Since Dramamaramamaramama hey~!" he sang out

Your eyes widen at him in disbelief, "Are you okay NamJoon?"

"I'm perfectly fine."

"You're sure?"

He laughs, "Of course I'm sure. Maybe I'm a little nervous, but I'm really OK."

"Nervous? Whatever are you nervous for? Your gift? Relax, it's perfect. I, for one, know you'd love it."

You turn around to get the gift but as you turn back, your breath suddenly gets caught in your throat.

Joon has leaned in. Really really close.

"I'm not nervous about Kaws... I'm nervous about doing this."

He cups his hand at the back of your neck bringing you closer to him and then, that's where your world just falls away. Everything just blacks and blanks.

Because all you can feel are his lips. Lips that you have wondered how it would feel when kissing. Then, it is his hands you feel next. Long fingers, gently trailing down your arm, another, lovingly stroking your jaw.

He finally pulls back and rest his forehead against yours.

"That's what I was nervous for..."

Dumbfounded, the words that you could find were, "Why did you kiss me...?"

"Why do you think? I'm in love with you, dummy." his muses as his dimples pops out.

Those damn dimples

Truth is, you had fallen for him about 6 months into your friendship but knowing that he was just too busy to be looking for love, you were content at being his friend. There was nothing that you needed from him. You were happy just knowing that he was happy and healthy.

His kiss changed everything. Probably why he's nervous as well. He knows just as well how much this friendship means to you. He is banking on the fact that you need him as much as he needs you that even if nothing comes of the kiss, that you two will eventually still be friends.

"What is it you want from me Joonie?"

"I want us to try. I know, I know how you feel about relationships and I'm not going to lie to say that ours will be easy. It is going to be difficult as hell what with us being so busy..."

"And the fact that your fans might reject me..."

"No, that won't stop me. I know that they will be happy for me in fact. Because you are perfect for me. You said so yourself, I am you in the male form, so in that sense I am like your reflection. Even if you're stuck on a deserted island, you're stuck with me, even if we blow up the island."

You laugh at that, "You are such a cheese ball you know that right?"

"I know that you love me." his signature gentle smile plays on his lips.

"I do. Okay."

His eyes clouds over in confusion, "Okay what?"

Half exasperated half thinking why is he so cute you reply, "Okay let's try."

That's when your heart skips a beat.

Because his dimples just pops out in their full glory, blinding you.

But it is not the dimples that you fell in love with. They might have drawn you in, but it is him. Whatever that makes him, him, that you fell in love with.

His smile, his comforting words, his strength, his courage, his dedication, his gratitude, his filial piety and so much more.

[I]Kim NamJoon, I love you.

Smiling to yourself, you wrap your arms around him and kiss him.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"Yah! Why didn't you tell us you were dating?"

You hear Hobi's voice ring out in the living room and you turn to see 6 surprised but not quite surprised faces looking at the both of you.

"Not that it's super huge, but omg FINALLY."

Cocking your head to the side, you asked "Finally what?"

"NamJoon hyung has had the longest crush on you. Pretty much ever since you two went to Hangang for ramen at 4am in the morning." Jungkook smirks as he answers your question.

"Really...? Looks like I won then. I fell for you charms a little later than that." you cheekily smile at NamJoon.

"What?! When?" NamJoon asks loudly.

"Coffee and studying session, two weeks after that."

"Seriously, the both of you are just so oblivious to each other. We literally saw the whole thing, how and when he fell for you, how and when you fell for him, and then the entirety of the last couple of years with you two dancing around each other." Jin deadpans as he complains about the frustration the both of you caused him.

"But Jin," you widen your eyes in mock surprise, "Joonie can't dance."

"Oh that is it you brat!" Joon shouts out in indignance as you jump out of his way, laughing the entire way.

"Okay okay I'm sorry!" you quickly apologize as you feel yourself being pulled back into his arms, "I'm sorry."

"You bra..."

"I love you, you perfect being." you gush out and peck him on the lips.

"Yuck, get a room you two!" Jimin shouts out as NamJoon blushes.

Laughter fills the room, and you just feel, it can't get any better than this for now.