Maddox shot his cousin a look that clearly said,' you think?'

Shortly, he was joined by everyone that was in the livingroom. The standoff was filled with tension as they exchanged weary glances at each other and then with awe at the white wolf.

Hannah moves restlessly. Her eyes open and close, her paws flex, showing enormous, sharp claws. He watches anxiously as she struggles. Koda paces excitedly introducing himself.

Her scent filled the air. Instinct pushed Koda closer.

"I'm Koda."

After struggling more, she whines and lowers to her stomach in exhaustion.

"I'm....Nia."

Relieved, Maddox lowers to his knees and gets closer. Weary blue eyes watch him come close. She pants and tries to pull away.

"Easy there, I won't hurt you," he murmurs, carefully placing his hand between her ears.

She pushes into his hand. He rubs her muzzle and glides his finger along her soft fur in wonder. A beautiful rumbling begins from her chest as she inches closer.

"What...happened to me?" Nia whispered gently looking up at him.

Koda whined.
Maddox shook his head trying to come up with the answer. The vulnerable and fearful tone of her voice tugged heavily at his heart. He lowered his forehead to hers; letting her rub her muzzle along his cheek.

Then realization kicked in. He gasped and leaned back. The other day when they made love, something changed.

Their bond felt stronger. The pull tighter. 

"Not too long ago, there was this beautiful whispy blue light that coiled from my chest and a stringy mist of white expelled from Hannah."
He felt her stiffen and pull away.

"What is it?" Koda questioned.

"We are soul bound," she whispered in awe.

"Soul bound?"

"Soul bound?" Maddox mumbled with  confusion.

"That's impossible," the rumble of Michaels voice interrupted the silence in the room.

They all turned and parted the way for him to enter with Raphael and the other Angel at his side.

Maddox looked up to face him.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because that has not happened for centuries. Unless....." Michaels voice trailed off.

"Unless what?" He ignored the Archangel.

A silence drifted between all of them. Nikki silently watched the beautiful white wolf in the room with surprise.
Brody stood alert listening. The pack lined the halls and half of the bedroom in wait of an explanation.

"Unless both you and Hannah are from one of the royal ancient bloodlines," Raphael stepped forward.

"Ancient bloodline?" Maddox and Brody asked in unison.

"Maddox," Hannahs voice brushed over his mind.

Distracted by it he turned to face the white wolf and dropped to his knees before her.

"What happened to me?" She cried.

She sounded so terrified. He rubbed her gently and pulled her close.

"Something is wrong. I'm trapped."

"She is...fighting me. I d..don't think I can..."