28. the first hour

i smiled when i saw the three of them pull up in yukhei's car, yukhei driving. hyerin waved from the backseat. jeno and i squished in. he occupied the 3rd row.

"jeno-yah? what're you doing all the way back there?" mark asked, flicking his eyes to me in the rearview mirror, then back to jeno.

jeno and i both blushed.

"b-because i wanna take a nap. and minji has to catch up with you guys." he gave a weak smile before leaning against the window and closing his eyes.

thanks jeno.

i started to tell them about what we found. yukhei furrowed his brows. "minji, you realize how irrational that sounds. well never find him in seoul of all places."

"there's gotta be something we're missing." mark added, turning his head to face me.

"do you think he went to see his family?" i asked.

they all exchanged looks and shrugged.

"we don't even know where his family in seoul lives." yukhei reminded.

"actually, i do." jeno said after some time of being silent.

we all turned our heads to face him.

"what? i went with him to visit his family there a few months ago. last time we went, his niece was sick."

"sick with what?" i asked, remembering donghyuck's story about his sister.

"they weren't sure." jeno explained.

"do you know how to get to their house?" yukhei questioned.

jeno thought. "i can probably remember when we get closer to the area."

"that's good enough, we have to go." i said, persistently.

"that's a five hour drive, not including all the traffic we may run into. it's nearly rush hour." mark told us.

"we have to go mark. we have to know for sure if he's there."

they all just nodded and yukhei started to drive.

(づ◡﹏◡)づ

we decided to put on throwbacks and sang along to mirotic by tvxq!

mark and yukhei singing obnoxiously loud while jeno actually hit some notes. and me and hyerin sang, holding each other's hands. it was nearing four by this time.

"i got youuuuuu, under my skin" we all sang loudly, positive anyone driving passed us would hear.

mark and yukehi rapped in unison and i couldn't help but think this moment would be even better if donghyuck was here to enjoy it with us.

i pulled out my phone, even though i knew it was pointless.

me;
donghyuck, you may not see this, nor respond. but i miss you. we all really miss you. we'll see you soon.

i slid the phone back in the pocket of my hoodie.

i looked over at hyerin. she was still in her school uniform.

"hyerin, do you wanna change into my hoodie?" i asked, since it would probably be more comfortable than her vest and blouse. i noticed she was already wearing leggings under her skirt. our school made it a rule since there were too many complaints about boys trying to sneak a peak.

i pulled the hoodie over my head and handed it to her, fixing the tshirt i had on underneath it.

she really was perfect now that i was looking at her. she was beautiful and tall. she was smart and sweet and athletic too. she complimented mark perfectly. he was smart and funny and played sports as well. not to mention he was so musically inclined. they were made for each other practically. it was really a horrible thing that her friends made her give up on her feelings for mark because they were selfish. i shook my head at the thought of them. i saw mark just smiling at her in the rearview mirror, looking away whenever she caught him.

"yukhei, can we stop so hyerin can change really quickly?" i asked.

hyerin giggled. "oh, no need!"

she unbuckled her seat belt and perched herself on her knees, then pulled off the vest and started unbuttoning her blouse, revealing the, atleast, 32c bright pink bra she was wearing. her boobs bounced in sync with the car. i saw jeno and mark blushing madly and yukhei just rolling his eyes.

"h-hyerin! what are you doing?!" i scrambled to cover her exposed chest with the hoodie.

"hyerin, this isn't home. you can't just hang around with no clothes on." yukhei said, an annoyed expression painted on his face.

she just rolled her eyes. "so what? no one here cares right? do you care?" she asked, looking at jeno, still no shirt on.

he slowly shook his head.

"do you care?" she asked, pointing at me.

"well hyerin, you're a girl and y-"

"do you care?" she asked, looking at mark. he stood quiet, still hiding his face.

"see yukhei, no worries."

yukhei just rolled his eyes at her again and she smiled contently to herself, taking the hoodie and pulling it over her head. "thanks." she told me, and started to slide off her skirt as well, shoving her clothes in her backpack.

i felt my phone buzz.

my heart jumped. what if it was donghyuck? i was scared to check my phone, not ready to see if he had actually responded.

i stopped battling all the voices in my head psyching me out and took my phone out.

mark;
dude, they were so perky! best day ever!

mark;
oh shit, wrong person.

then i heard jeno's phone buzz.

"you're both gross." i said aloud, smirking as i didn't look up from my phone.

—————

dhjdjdjd chapters may be short for a bit lol. sorry babiesss! love y'all!!

-mina