Part 109: Korean Folk Tale (Sun And Moon)

💜SUN AND MOON💜

옛날에 엄마와 오누이가 살았어요. 하루는 엄마가 잔칫집 일을 하러 가게 되었어요.

"얘들아, 엄마가 잔칫집 가서 맛난 것싸 올 테니, 집 잘 보고 있어라."

"네!"

일을 마친 엄마가 떡을 이고 집에가는데, 갑자기 호랑이 한 마리가 나타났어요.

"어흥! 떡 하나 주면 안 잡아먹지!"

엄마는 얼른 떡을 꺼내 호랑이에게 주었어요. 호랑이는 떡을 날름 받어먹고는 엄마 까지 잡아먹었어요. 그러고는 엄마 옷을 입고 오누이가 있는 집을 찾아가 말했어요.

"얘들아, 엄마 왔다!"

방 안에 있던 오누이는 엄마 목소리가 이상해서, 문 사이로 슬 쩍 밖을 보았어요. 그런데 글쎄 커다란 호랑이가 엄마 옷을 입고 서 있지 뭐예요!

"얼른! 우물 옆나무 위에 숨자!"

아이들이 보이지 않자, 이리저리 찾던 호랑이는 우물에비친 오누이를 보 았어요.

"얘들아, 거기 어떻게들어갔니?"

그러자 동생이 깔깔 웃었어요. 그바람에 나뭇잎이 떨어지고 말았지요.

"옳지! 나무에 올라갔구나!"

호랑이는 나무 위에 올라가려했으나 쉽지 않았어요.

"손에 참기름을 바르고 올라오면쉽지!"

그 말에 속은 호랑이가, 참기름을 바르고 올라가자, 자꾸만 미끄덩 쿵, 미끄덩 쿵!

"하하하! 도끼로 찍고 올라오면 되는데!", 보다 못한 동생이 그만 웃으며 말해 버렀어요.

호랑이는 도끼를 찾아 쿵쿵 씩으며 올라왔어요. 오누이는 무서워 눈을 꼭 감고 하늘에 빌었어요.

"하느님, 동아줄을 내려 주세요!"

그러자 하늘에서 동아줄이 내려왔고. 오누이는 동아줄을 타고 하늘로 올라갔어요. 올른 본 호랑이도 하늘에 동아줄을 내려달라고 빌었어요. 그런데 이번에는, 씩은 동아줄이 내려왔지워예요. 신나게 줄을 타고 올라가던 호랑이는 중간에 줄이 툭 끊어져 땅에 떨어져 버렀지요. 이렇게해서 하늘나라에 올라간 부끄럼쟁이 동생은 해님이, 씩씩한 오빠는 달님이 되었답니다.

👆Try to improve your reading language.

💜MEANING💜

A long time ago, lived a mother and a brother and sister. One day, mum went out to work at banquet party.

"Children, mummy will bring back delicious food from the banquet party, so look after our house."

"Yes!" They said.

When mum finished work, she was carrying some rice cakes, suddenly a tiger appeared.

"Roar! I won't eat you up if you give me a rice cake!"

Mum quickly gave the tiger a rice cake. The tiger gobbled the rice cake and ate mum too. He wore the mum's clothes and went to find the brother and sister.

"Children, mum's back home!"

The brother and sister thought their mother's voice sounded strange, so they peeked out the door. But they saw a big tiger wearing their mummy's clothes!

"Quick! Let's hide in the tree beside the well!"

The tiger started looking for the children everywhere, and finally saw their reflection in the water well.

"Children, how did you get in there?"

The little sister started to laugh. A leaf fell from the tree.

"Oh yes! You climbed the tree!"

The tiger tried to climb the tree but it wasn't easy.

"It will be easier to come up if you put oil on your hands!"

The tiger believed this and put oil on his hands. As he tried to climb the tree, he kept slipping!

"You can come up by using the axe!", laughed the younger sister.

The tiger banged the axe into the tree and started to climb up. The children closed their eyes and wished to the sky.

"Please, gods of the sky, send down a rope!"

Then, a rope came down from the sky. The brother and sister use the rope to go up into the sky. The tiger saw this and wished to the sky as well. But this time, a rotten rope came down. The  tiger was having a great time going up to the sky, when suddenly the rope snapped and he fell to the ground. This is how the shy younger sister became Haenim (The Sun) and the brave brother became Dalnim (The moon).

PLEASE COMMENT DOWN ABOUT THE STORY AND ALSO YOUR READING IMPROVEMENT😘

KOREAN VOCABULARY LEARNINGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara