Chapter 8: The Shadow Elements

Start from the beginning

"hu? oh wait you were serious? yall really don't have ter do that fer me." she chuckles nervously.

"no worries." Twilight chimes. "it's what friends are for."

the group follows after twilight on there way back to ponyville. twilight's plan to have Zenara manipulate shadows into trials to test the group had just begun starting with an attempt to see if rarity in this world was generous.

a sea serpent whines and trashes about in the water making it impossible to pass. nobody offers any solution to this issue so twilight ushers them into a conversation. "mister serpent what seems to be the problem?"

the serpent stops and looks at the group and rubs his eyes. "my mustash..." he says. "a tacky cloud of smoke torn my beautiful mustash right off and now look at me i'm simply awful to look at."

"i'll say." rarity mumbles but everypony heard her. "if i looked like that i would hide in a cave and never show my face to anypony until it grew back."

fluttershy chuckles. "or just never come out again period."

the serpent frowns

twilight also frowns. "well i guess that checks them off the list too." she turns to Zenara. "this isn't what i imagined would happen when we set out to correct this realm."

"not according to your plan twilight?" a voice says from the bushes. soon Discord the cat leaps out and pads along the road up to them. "honestly are you surprised twilight? haven't you realized yet? this place has been touched by chaos magic."

"your point being?" twilight replies.

"everything is backwards." discord replies. "not my kind of backwards but the kind that sort of reverses each ponies roles."

"like the cakes." twilight puzzles "Discord are you saying these ponies wouldn't hold the spirits of the elements?"

"if i had to guess Twilight i would say finding anyone in this place that could fit that description would be far to difficult, but why does any of that matter?" Discord prompts. "can't you just take me and leave his place to her?"

"well for one Discord i promised i would help and secondly until i get the gate stone from Caco your stuck here. i can't help you get out until i find ponies that represent the elements of harmony to defeat Caco." she grumbles.

Discord happens to just now notice fluttershy and he is ecstatic. "fluttershy!?" he rushes over to her and stops in front of her. "it's me discord."

"oh is this one of those animals fluttershy was telling me about?" the shadowshy replies annoyed. "i didn't know they could talk."

"no most animals can't talk but my fluttershy can understand them." Twilight replies. "you don't like animals?"

"i mean they're alright i guess but honestly i don't think i could possibly care about something smaller then me." shadowshy replies coldly glaring at Discord.

"fl-fluttershy?" Discord gasps.

"you said it yourself Discord... these ponies are not like our friends." she turns back to the serpent and sighs. "i apologize sir it's just that we very much need to pass through here. sure it looks bad now but you could trim the other side to make it even and just wait for it to grow back out."

the serpent pauses for a moment to think. "oh your right!?" he finally says after awhile. then he cuts his mustash to a matching length and and goes back into the water leaving it completely calm.

"well one thing is for sure... once we fix this place we need to figure out where the elements of harmony actually are." Twilight says.

once they exit the forest near fluttershy's home she walks away towards her house. "well nice to meet you goodbye."

twilight rolls her eyes. of course fluttershy in this world wouldn't want to help save the apple farm. even pinky and rarity leave the group until it's just twilight, applejack, and Zenara. undeterred they trot onward towards the apple farm.

(some of these will be easy to guess and some of them won't but i will tell you what it is your looking at. these are the five ponies i chose to be the elements of harmony in the shadow realm. for spoiler reasons i'm not gonna say who they are yet, but i will give you a hint. they are all legit ponies from either the background or from an actual episode, they all have actual names. another hint is IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND! i'm pretty sure this match up has never been done before and it will be sure to surprise you!)

 another hint is IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND! i'm pretty sure this match up has never been done before and it will be sure to surprise you!)