This Town (Jack Barakat) - Part 5

Beginne am Anfang

"Hello, Your Majesties," you beamed as well while she pulled you into a tight hug, "It's good to be home."

"How was your trip?" the King wondered, hugging you as well, "Do you feel rejuvinated after being away for so long?"

"I feel a lot better – thank you for asking. I've had a lot of time to clear my head, and I think I've decided that being where my parents raised me is what's best for me."

"Oh, that's so good to hear!" the Queen grinned again.

"So," you perked up, "How are things looking with Jack? He doesn't suspect anything, right?"

"If he does, he hasn't said anything to us," the King informed you with a lighthearted laugh, "Michael is ready to go get him when you are. We've decided to have him brought here, and we'll give you two the room to yourselves. When you're done, dinner will be ready in the dining room for us."

"Thank you, Your Majesties," you smiled softly, "It really means a lot that you're helping me surprise Jack."

"Well, we know how much he cares about you, dear," the Queen said, "And he misses you more and more each day, so it's nice to know how happy he'll be to see you again."

~

"Mom?! Dad?!" you heard Jack's voice call out, making your heart skip a beat.

10 minutes had passed by this point and you'd been waiting in the throne room for Jack to finish with his fencing lessons for the day before you could see him. The wait seemed to last an eternity, but when you finally heard his voice again, you thought you might actually throw up. You hadn't heard his voice in what seemed like ages – even though you talked on the phone almost every day while you were gone – but to finally be able to hear it in person again made you want to just run to him right now.

But you didn't; You held back and waited until he was in the room.

Jack entered the dimly-lit throne room, his eyes landing on the thrones at the front of the room. He furrowed his eyebrows as he stopped for a moment, finding a figure that certainly wasn't his mother sitting in her throne.

"What are you doing in here?" Jack asked, his voice firm, "You're not allowed to sit on my mother's throne."

"Please, Jack," the familiar voice made his heart stop, "You think I'd sit on the Queen's throne without getting permission first?"

Jack's hand quickly rushed to the light switch on the wall next to him, his eyes darting back to where you were perched on the Queen's throne. You could visibly tell his breathing hitched as he was rendered speechless, trying to convince himself that he was really seeing you in front of him.

"Hi, Jack," you bit your lip shyly as you stood up, "I've missed you."

And it was as if that was what he needed to find his voice again.

"Baby!" Jack exclaimed, running across the room to where you were.

You only took a couple steps – just until you were at the edge of the stairs – before your arms were around his neck and his were around your waist, bringing you into him. You decided to pick your legs up and wrap them around his own waist, causing him to hold you even tighter.

"What are you doing here?" he mumbled into the skin of your neck, pressing kisses to it over and over again, "When did you get here?"

"I missed you," you repeated softly, squeezing him, "I got back earlier this afternoon."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he wondered. Your legs unwound themselves from his waist to return to the floor, but neither of you moved away from each other.

"I wanted to surprise you," you barely smiled, "You have no idea how hard it was either; I've known I was coming back for a couple weeks now and I had to force myself not to tell you every time you called.

"I've missed you so much, baby," Jack breathed, squeezing you as well, "God, I've missed you so much."

"Hmm," you hummed, grinning a little bigger that time, "Didn't find anyone else to fill the void?"

"'Course not," he couldn't help but laugh, "Love you too much to just replace you."

Your heart skipped a beat at the confession, but you certainly weren't about to stand there and complain. You shook your shoulder gently to get Jack to look at you, but he didn't even get the chance before your lips were on his. You felt him smile into your mouth as he kissed you back just as desperately.

"I've missed you," he mumbled against your lips, feeling you smile as well.

"Miss you more," you whispered, pulling away to rest your foreheads together, "And Jack?" He simply hummed in response, signalling you to go on. "I love you too," you told him, earning yourself the biggest grin you'd ever seen, squealing when he tightened his hold on your waist and lifted you off of the ground to spin you around.

~

i know it's 1am but honey i never gave a fuck before and i'm not about to start now