61. chambon sur-lignon

Start from the beginning

Ella needed more than anything to relax. She plugged her headphones in, put them in her ears and closed her eyes. Timmy rolled his head towards her and smiled at her finally being at peace.

He wandered into the kitchen, the cold stone cooled the air and evaporated his sweat from his skin. He threw the fridge door open and grabbed the orange juice carton.

"Hey dude." A voice came from the back door, Timmy poured himself a glass and gulped it down.

"Hey." He replied as he wiped his mouth of the residue. Matt leant against the counter and dripped everywhere.

"Ella seems happy." He pointed out, Timmy glanced out the window to see her in the same position.

"Not happy. Happier." He corrected as he put the juice back in the fridge. Matt nodded, not willing to fight him on it.

"Man I'm glad you did everything I hated you for." Timmy laughed, Matt joined in and nodded.

"Anytime man. It's been a long ride with you two. I just need you to make it a happy ending." He shook his hair, showering water everywhere.

"Man, I'm trying." He let out a chuckle. Matt looked out the window at Lexie and Ella who were now chatting on the side of the pool. Lexie let out a loud laugh while Ella scrunched up her face as she giggled. 

"What do you their talking about?" Ella asked, glancing to the kitchen window where Timothée and Matt were talking.

"Us. Clearly." Lexie put on her sunglasses and rubbed her legs with sun cream.

"Matt's probably gushing about you. I only ever knew him as a single man so it's weird to see him all lovey with my best friend." Ella explained, clearly joking but Lexie rolled her eyes.

"What was he like as a singleton?" Lexie wondered, Ella's eyes widened as she received such a loaded question.

"Very loud and obnoxious. He's much nicer with you and calmer." She answered, Lexie smiled. "He was always nice to me, you know, I never could figure out whether he actually liked me or not." She laughed. Lexie shook her head.

"He wouldn't be dating me if he didn't like you and we wouldn't be on this trip if he didn't." She explained, Ella shrugged.

"Is he a good boyfriend?" She asked. Lexie let out a loud moan.

"He's the best." She screamed, causing Ella to burst out laughing.

Everyone showered and got ready for dinner. Lexie, Ella and Mia all got ready together in Ella's room.

"Who's cooking?" Mia asked as Ella did up her dress for her.

"Timmy." Lexie confessed, Ella's head snapped to her in shock.

"Shit, really?" She asked, Mia laughed at her reaction and went to do her makeup.

"Why, is he not a good cook?" Lexie asked, Ella's face shrivelled as she realised he'd never cooked her anything but not even that that she had never cooked for him either.

"I don't actually know. He never cooked me anything." She shrugged, Mia laughed again.

"What a shit boyfriend, glad you got rid of him." She teased, the two girls burst out laughing and Ella playfully hit her on the arm.

"Surprise!" Matt's voice make them all jump as he bursts into the room and onto Lexie who cries out loudly.

"Matthew!" She squeals as he grips onto her. Ella watched them and smiled sheepishly towards them. She couldn't help herself, she slipped out the door and ran downstairs to the kitchen to see Timmy.

"Hello there Gordon Ramsey." She giggled from the doorway. He turned quickly to see her as he moved some vegetables around in a pan.

"Didn't know I could cook, did you?" He grinned at her, she slid over to him and looked in his pan.

"You never cooked for me, how could I?." She pointed out, he let out a small laugh.

"I learnt while we weren't together. I spent a lot of time at home with my mom and she taught me." He explained, Ella just stared at him with so much love. "What?" He laughed.

"You're like a completely different person." She grinned, he frowned at her.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked, she smirked and shook her head slowly before sliding out of the kitchen.

Everyone ate Timmy's food, it was surprisingly good and then they all claimed they were tired and went to bed.

Ella couldn't sleep. The jet lag was getting to her. She knew that right now almost everyone was coupled up  so they all had someone to 'talk' to when the jet lag came for them.

She couldn't just lay there and do nothing, she got up and tiptoed her way out of her room and downstairs to make herself a drink.

"Can't sleep?" A voice made her jump from inside the living room. She knew who it was immediately and almost felt a sigh of relief. She turned into the room and leant against the doorframe, pleased with who was in front of her.

"Jet lag. You?" She said to him as he sat on the couch in her favourite jumper of his and boxer shorts.

"Same. I'll be out all of tomorrow." He replied. They stared at each other for a moment before he patted the space next to him. She didn't think for a second before taking a seat next to him. "Have you spoken to your dad recently?" He asked out of no where.

"He called before the press conference, we text a lot and when I go home I'm going to stay with him for a bit." She explained, he absorbed all the information before realising that she hadn't fitted him into her plan.

"And your mom?" He asked. She let out a small laugh and shook her head.

"The last time I spoke to her was just after our break up and when I saw her she said 'sorry to hear about you and Timmy. Is it too early to say I told you so'" she confessed. Timmy's eyebrows flew almost to his hairline.

"Wow. What a bitch." He hissed. "Sorry." He said immediately afterwards.

"No she is. I almost got a restraining order, I was that pissed." She joked, he let out a small laugh and put his arm on the back of the sofa behind her. "Thank you t. You've been there for me when you really didn't have to be." She confessed. He smiled and nodded. He didn't know whether he should've said it or not but it seemed like the time to just get it out of the way.

"It's 'cause I love you Elle." He confessed, "when you get hurt so do I." He followed up, she stared at him and felt the need to cry again but she felt no sadness. He took a deep breath and leant over to her, slowly pressing his lips to hers.

Her whole body relaxed into it, she edged forwards and kissed him back. Then two tears came out of her eyes and Timmy pulled away; frustrated and sad. He looked away but she pulled his head back to her.

"Don't stop." She whispered. He didn't know what to do, he never thought she would ever want him again.

He held her small china like face in his hands and smiled so widely at her. She was his, finally she had come back to him. He kissed her tears away before bringing his lips to hers again and making a note of every sweet moment he was having.

When his hand rested on her knee, she picked it up and moved it away from her body. She couldn't have him touch her yet otherwise she would lose him.

"Stop crying." He laughed into the kiss, feeling her tears against his lips. She laughed back, quickly pulling away to wipe her eyes.

"Sorry." She giggled before holding his face and kissing him again. She shuffled closer to him and wrapped her arm around his neck, pushing the kiss further than he had expected. He kept his hands to himself, knowing the kiss he had been waiting for would've been over if he came too close.

—————————————————
Just wanna take this moment to say FINALLY and that I love Timothée Chalamet. That's all.