Chapter One: Well Things Just Got Complicated

Start from the beginning

And finally, there was Karissa. The one person who seemed to be there more than any of them. The one person who seemed to care most of all. She was tiny. People think I'm tiny, but she was like a doll. She was only eleven, but she spoke to me as if she were my older sister. Her hair was generally short brown and she had these dull, blue eyes that always seemed to comfort you. No one knows why she got stuck being a rogue. She never told anyone. Apparently, it was too unimportant to be known.

That was three years ago. They took me in and helped me heal. Now, the only remnants of the incident with that rogue are the claw marks imbedded from the the top of my right eyebrow down to the beginning of my jawline that is now a scar and half of my left ear. Yes, I do mean half of it. The top of it was ripped off in the incident.

Shane and Gabby are eighteen now. They newly discovered they were mates to our surprise considering they are complete opposites. Austin has a huge obsession with Gabby at the age of fourteen, and it doesn't seem to be disappearing any time soon. Karissa and Dylan started dating, and we all are pretty positive they are mates. It's a bit sappy, I know. Then there's Shawn. He's thirteen and could care less about girls at the moment. All that he likes is soccer and dirtbikes.

So, what am I doing? Sitting in the cafeteria eating a bag of Cheetos.

"I'm not going to the party!" Karissa shouted.

"You have to! Greyson said so!" Austin yelled back. Karissa stood up and slammed her hands down on the table.

"He's not my alpha! Shane is, and I can do what I want!" She shouted back at him. Austin huffed and stood up, as well, and pointed a finger at Karissa.

"You're going to get us all in trouble with your attitude!" Austin snapped. Karissa rolled her eyes and swatted his hand away.

"I don't care! I'm not going," she countered. I sat my Cheeto bag on the table and stood up next to Karissa.

"I agree with her. I'm not going. I don't care about his eighteenth birthday. In fact, he can shove it up his ass for all I care," I said. Karissa bounced around happily and highfived me.

"Dylan! Help me!" Austin said and yanked Dylan up by his shirt. Karissa growled and Dylan held his hands up in surrender as he sat back down. "You guys cheat!" He yelled at pointed to us.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion," I said and Karissa ended it for me.

"Even though you're wrong!" Yep, that's my girl.

"That's enough," Shane said, but we just ignored him and kept bickering.

"You guys have to go! What if he's one of your mates!" Austin said in protest. He was always so adamant about the whole idea of mates.

"I found mine. He rejected me, so he won't be mine!" I hollered at him.

"Ever heard of a second chance mate?" Austin barked back. I just rolled my eyes at him. Classic Austin.

"Austin! He's not my-" I argued but was interrupted. Shane stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"Enough!" His voice boomed throughout the entire cafeteria. Everyone went silent and turned to us. They must find it interesting when rogues fight. We honestly rarely ever fight like this, but we've all just been really stressed lately. "Austin sit down! Alex! Karissa! You will be going to that party, and you will be respectful!" He ordered at us quite harshly if I may say so myself. I knew the only reason he was saying we had to go is because Greyson requested us to go, and not going could put more of a target on our backs.

Greyson Hayes is the future Alpha, or leader, of the Cadman pack. Well, once he officially turns eighteen, he will be the Alpha. He intends on finding his mate as soon as possible though, so he can have his Luna by his side, as well. The Luna is basically the 'Alpha-Female'.