Chapter 10

Tears rolled down my face, "This... this cant be happening..." I mumbled, my voice breaking as waves of sorrow crashed through my mind, like the ocean crashing against the beach, painful and maddening.

Mark's gentle expression had slowly turned into a frown, his chocolate brown eyes softly closing as his grip around me tightened.

"I'm so sorry..."

I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and shoulder, sniffling as I did so. "Flitter is actually gone..." I whispered is disbelief, tears dripping from my face.

Fear suddenly banged around my mind like a rock, causing me to jump up, only to stumble backwards and hold my head. "My mother!!" I shouted, "She's going to be heartbroken!! She- She'll never let me out of her sight!" Another wave of tears fell down from my face, my hands seeking their way to my eyes.

Mark only moved forward and embraced me, his arms tightening around my body. He didn't know what to say in attempt for comfort, instead, he kept quiet and let me cry.

I stepped back and wiped my eyes, "Does my mother know?"

Mark nodded, "I called her and let her know about the situation. She's letting you stay here until you're ready to go back."

I shook my head, "She must be devastated..."

I wrapped my arms around myself, my body shaking as I held my emotions back. Sean then walked into the room, "Hey Y/N.. are you doing alright?"

I only nodded, and mark faintly whispered to me. "He insisted on staying. Thought he'd go back once you were fine."

A small smile crept its way onto my lips, "Aww, how sweet. Thank you Sean."

A/N

This is more of a filler chapter, and I promise I'll make a better one soon!! I abandoned this story for long enough 😂😂