I'll Live

Stiles sat in Deaton's clinic, replaying what just happened.
A crazed werewolf that had lost it's humanity had attacked Stiles. Slashed at his chest before knocking him to the ground, making him hit his head, when the Argents showed up and killed it.
Stiles wouldn't let Chris take him to the hospital so Deaton was a compromise. Unfortunately, Scott was also working that night.
"Stiles this is messed up. Look at this. You almost got killed." Scott said tending to his wounds.
"But I didn't. Upside." Stiles said dryly.
"Do you see me laughing? If you weren't injured, I'd punch you." Scott said making Stiles laugh. "Chris? You saw it. What was it? Why did it attack Stiles?" Scott asked.
"He was someone who fully gave into the animal instead of coexisting with it. Make him rabid and without reason. Still, I don't think he got like that on his own." Chris said.
"What are you thinking?" Scott asked.
"Someone has been doing experiments. " Stiles answered as he got off the table. Scott grabbed his arm to steady him.
"Take it easy." Scott said worried.
"I'm fine. It's a little scratch that a bandaid could fix." Stiles said.
"You need stitches." Scott said.
"You could have a concussion." Deaton said.
"You need a hospital." Chris added.
"I appreciate the concern but I'm fine. I just need a bath and a nap and I'll be good as new." Stiles insisted.
"I'm not going to convince you that you need medical care because you won't listen to me, so I'll take you home." Scott said.
"You don't need to do that." Stiles said.
"I'm doing it." Scott insisted. "Keys."
"Be careful with her." Stiles handed over his keys and let his best friend take him home. Telling Stiles to call if he starts feeling worse and how to take care of the scratches.
Stiles opened the door to his dad waiting up for him. Fussing over him. But Stiles was able to convince his dad to just let him shower and sleep it off.
The next day his slashed chest still hurt like hell and there was a painful bump on the back of his head but he ignored all of it and went to school.
Where his friends worried about him and sudden movements made him jump out of his skin.
But other than that, he was peaches.
He kept up his charade for a week and everything went back to normal.
Except now...
"Hi, Stiles." Derek said as Stiles opened his bedroom door.
"Derek! You're here. Why?"
Stiles asked.
"If I recall, you're still part of my pack. I'm checking in." Derek said and stood up.
"Well...I'm alive. You checked. Leave." Stiles said pointing to the door.
"Don't give me an attitude. Take off your shirt and come here."
Derek said.
"No. Get out." Stiles demanded.
"Stiles...Shirt. Now." Derek said.
"I don't want to." Stiles said shyly.
"You're being a baby. Let me see." Derek said. Stiles pouted.
"Fine. Just don't freak out." Stiles said.
"I won't. Come on." Derek said gently.
"Scott blabbed didn't he?" Stiles asked as he unzipped his hoodie.
"Big time. But it's just because he loves you." Derek said and took a close look at Stiles' still open wound.
"There it is. Gross, right?" Stiles asked.
"Stiles it's yellow!" Derek exclaimed.
"So?" Stiles asked casually.
"That means it's infected, dummy.
Why'd you let it get this bad?" Derek asked. "Go downstairs. We're going to the hospital." Derek proclaimed.
"The hell we are! Hospitals would ask questions that I can't answer. Besides, I feel fine." Stiles lied.
"Sit down. Let's talk." Derek said.
"Are we changing the subject?" Stiles asked hopefully.
"Not a chance." Derek said and Stiles rolled his eyes.
"Are you okay?" Derek asked.
"Yeah. Fine." Stiles said.
"I don't like when you lie to me. If you're not okay, you can talk to me." Derek said gently.
"Why wouldn't I be okay? I'm alive." Stiles said.
"You were alone when he attacked you. You almost died. You're allowed to be scared and sad." Derek said.
"Well thanks Dr Phil. Look...if it'll make you feel better I'll go to the hospital. Just...Never talk about feelings with me, ever again. It's...weird." Stiles said and got out of bed. Derek smiled. Mission accomplished. Derek still worried about Stiles' emotional state but he wouldn't say a word. Not yet anyway.