The Feeling of Betrayal

(A/N Thank you all for 2.2k reads, also I'm working on another story with a friend and when it comes out I'd appreciate it if you  could check it out)

"Hey, Koneko wake up" i say rocking her gently "Mmm... five more minutes" she responds nuzzling her head further into my lap 'Guts what do i do?' I ask not knowing how to handle this situation. 'Wake her up in five minutes' he tells me 'Fine...' i say taking his advice. I look at Koneko seeing the content smile on her face which in turn brings a small one to mine. Reaching down i push a few loose strands of hair out of her face and rub her head like a cat which she seems to enjoy.

"Oh Hey Y/N!" I hear Issei call as i turn to look at him and motion him to shush. "Sorry" he whispers "Why do i need to be-" he says before he sees Koneko sleeping on my lap "WHAT THE HELL!?" He yells jolting Koneko awake from her slumber, she gets off my lap and walks towards a fuming Issei, she then slams her fist on his head knocking him out "Suck it perv" she says before She walks back over to me, sits down and rests her head on my shoulder. "Koneko we need to go get your chocolate" i tell her as she does her best attempt to shake her head while leaning on my shoulder.

"Chocolate can wait" she tells me letting out a yawn and closing her eyes "Where's Koneko and what have you done with her?" I ask jokingly "It's your fault" she blames me "What's my fault?" I question tilting my head in confusion "Your too warm... pet me again" she orders before i chuckle at her, reaching around i put my hand on her head and run my hand through her hair as she nuzzles her head into my hand, i close my eyes and slow i fall asleep along side her.

Timeskip

"Up... ke up... wake up" i hear as i slowly open my eyes to see Koneko Infront of me. "Oh sorry, must have dozed off" i tell her as i get up and stretch, a satisfying pop coming from my back "I guess we need to get you those chocolates" i say as she nods and i go to grab my wallet stepping over a passed out Issei who has a massive lump on his head 'heh idiot' i think as i step back over him. We walk through the door as i take a look at the sky and see it's a beautiful crimson colour woth the setting sun covered by the clouds.

"Hey Koneko" i say walking besides her "Hmm?" She replies "How much chocolate am i gonna buy?" I question as i imagine her running around picking up all the chocolate she can carry. "Don't worry i won't spend all your money" she answers attempting to reassure me. We walk in silence for abit as the only sounds are the birds chirping, cars passing by and our foot steps. "Can i ask a you a question?" She asks "you just did" i tell her as she pouts slightly "Go ahead" i reply. "What's it like using the Berzerk armour?" She questions as i stay silent for a moment. "It's like being at 100% of your power all the time, but i can't tell friend from foe, i don't feel pain beacuse my nervous system is blocked but worst of all is i can't hold back... and both me and my enemy are in danger when using it" i answer glancing down at my left hand "How so?" She questions tilting her head "You saw how when i fought Kokobiel my legs were bent the wrong way and put into the right place right?" I ask as she nods "That was the armour although it didnt heal me" i tell her.

I roll up my right sleeve showing her all the scars on it. "If my arm breaks it will tear through my flesh to pin my bones back in place, if it gets bent the wrong way it will break my arm then put it back together" i say. She reaches over and runs her hand across some scars "If Asia wasn't there when i fought Kokobiel i would have died" i tell her as she flinches. "The armour is cursed but it's one of my greatest weapons" i say as she pulls her arm back to her side "Would you like to guess what my greatest weapon is?" I ask "Your sword?" She questions as i shake my head

"No... my greatest weapon is my will" i tell her "I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye. I do not Stab with my hand; he who Stabs with his hand has forgotten the face of his Mother. I Stab with my mind. I do not kill with my Sword; he who kills with his Sword has forgotten his own face. I kill with my heart." I Quote pushing my hair back with my hand. "Y/N!?" I hear someone call out as i turn to see Irina, my face quickly lights up as i run over and hug her as she does the same but quickly lets go off the hug confusing me. "I'm sorry Y/N" she tells me "For what?" I question before white wings sprout out her back and a halo appears above her head.

"I don't mind that you're an angel!" I say holding her hands in my own but i don't feel her ring on her fingers. "No... to be reincarnated as an angel you have to be..." she says not finishing her sentence as she pulls her hands back. "You have to be pure and void of all romantic relationships" Koneko speaks up from behind me as she walks over to stand by my side "What... no tell me she's lying Irina" i beg clenching my fists. "It was too good an opportunity to pass up" Irina tells me as she sticks her hand out handing me my mothers ring. Quickly i snatch it from her and place it in my pocket, i can feel tears in the corners of my eyes but i try to hold them back 'Y/N, I'm so sorry' Guts tells me trying to calm me down.

"Why?" I choke out "Why does everyone i care about leave me?" I question falling to me knees as Irina takes a step back but Koneko takes a step forward "I'm sorry" Irina repeats before walking away. "WHY!" I shout slamming my fist down destroying the pavement as Koneko gets closer and crouches down and puts her hand on my shoulder. "I haven't left" she says as i look up to her as see a small smile on her face "and i promise i won't" she tells her, i nod and wipe the tears from my eyes and get up off the floor. "Do you want to go home?" She asks as i shake my head "No, I've got to make good on our bet" i answers as she nods and we walk off to get her chocolate.

(Lemme know what you think and no this isn't the end of Y/N's relationship with Irina unless you want it to be)