Chapter 7 - Protection

Connor's LED went red, the angry voice of Amanda had startled him immensely.

"What the hell Connor? You're supposed to be solving a case not being all lovey dovey with some sorta excuse for a Lieutenant!!!" Amanda roared.

"I-I'm sorry..  Amanda... it won't happen again." He said shakily, trying to sound brave. She sighed and nodded shortly, walking over to him.

"Good. I expect a report at the end of this week from you, Connor. Cyberlife is counting on you." She put her hand on Connor's shoulder. Just like that, he was back into reality.

"Connor?"

Connor turned his head to Hank, who looked rather worried about him. Everything in Connor's body wanted him to tell Hank what was wrong, but he ignored the feelings and destroyed them in his system.

"Yes, Lieutenant?" Hank sighed a bit from relief. "Thank god... I thought you were dead or some shit again..."

"No. I'm not dead." I'm not dead.... 

                     》》》》《《《《

Hank and Connor walked into the station, everyone was busy on their computers, some people were in the snack room joking around.

Hank sat heavily on his chair, he then cursed to himself.
"Is something the matter, Lieutenant?" Connor asked tilting his head. "No... well... I forgot to get myself coffee and a damn donut before I sat down." Hank growled.

Connor got up, "I'll get it for you" he said. Before Hank could protest, Connor walked to the snack room. "God... why does he have to be so nice."

Connor made Hank a cup of coffee and grabbed a donut from the box in the room. Gavin strolled over and grabbed the same one Connor had. "Excuse me, Detective Reed. I took this one first." Connor said.

"Phck off."
Gavin looked at him then punched him in the face, sending Connor stepping backwards. Hank just happened to notice and practically flew over.

"And I picked it because I wanted it prick. Don't talk to me like I'm some kid or some shit." Gavin spat at Connor, he then got a kick in the ass from behind, then a kick to the face. "You leave him alone Reed or I'll fuck you up so bad you won't be able to talk with that asshole mouth of yours." Hank raised his voice. Gavin got up and scrambled away quickly, holding his cheek.

"Are you alright Connor??" Hank helped him up and took the coffee cup. "Yes, I'm fine Lieutenant. Thank you." Connor handed him the donut with a napkin. "Yeah yeah, don't need to thank me." Hank hissed and trudged back over to his desk, plopping down. Connor walked over and sat at the desk beside Hank's, looking on the computer.

>>>

"A case has been reported 7 seconds ago of a deviant attacking a little boy on the streets near St.Westlake Hospital. I suggest we go take care of it, Lieutenant Anderson." Hank sighed and got up, grabbing his car's keys. "Let's go then before this shit gets uglier."

They soon arrived at the hospital. Hank got out and so did Connor. "Follow me. I don't want you gettin' shot again in the damn head." Hank grumbled to Connor, then walked down the alleyway near the hospital. Connor nodded and followed him closely, scanning the area for any possible clues and/or evidence of the attack. He located some blood and tested it.

Rolan Kalo.
Age 8, 4'2"
Type A red blood cells
2:56 - Dried

"There's blood on this fence. Perhaps the deviant took him into that small alleyway down there." Connor exclaimed, starting to climb the fence. "Hey hey, don't go climbing-- shit." Hank sighed as Connor had already made it over the fence. Hank followed him as quickly as he could. "Slow down damnit!"

Connor made it into the building. He found the little boy crying in the corner, curled up, trying to hide. Connor ran over. "Don't worry... I'll get you out of here." The boy held onto Connor tightly, and he picked him up. Hank ran in, gun drawn. "Please take him to the car and to the hospital Lieutenant. He's badly wounded." Connor said softly. Hank took him. "C'mon. I'm sure the deviant isn't far from here." Hank walked back to the car quickly, Connor following.

Swoosh.

Once Hank put the child into the car he turned around, only to find Connor gone behind him. "Connor?!?! Fucking christ.... not again..."

Darkness. I felt something hit me across the head and drag me away. My body was unresponsive.

"I got a live one!!!!"

• • •

Ohhh boy... this was a bit sudden and quick. xD I hope all of you had an awesome Thanksgiving in November! I've been sooo inactive lol.

Connor's about to have the worst time of his life ever... .^.