Chapter 3 - Acquaintances

Hank sat as his desk the next day, the image of Connor dying still haunted his mind. He was distracted by it, wondering if he would ever come back now. I should have done something... got help or some shit. He held his head in frustration and guilt, wondering if he should just leave and go home, or stay and wait. He groaned and got up to go to the snack room, turning his head. All of a sudden Connor was standing right there, he jumped back slightly. "Connor what the fuck are you doin--" "I'm sorry I might have scared you, Lieutenant."

"Might have, bloody hell you scared the shit out of me! Don't go dying and coming back like fucking Jesus coming back from the dead!" Hank stomped his way to the snack room, Connor tilted his head in confusion, and followed him. "I understand the destruction of my predecessor might have been unpleasant for you Lieutenant, I'll make sure it won't happen again." Hank rolled his eyes. "That's what you said last time tin-can."

He pours himself a cup of coffee, adding sugar and milk. "My name is not tin-can, it's Connor." Hank slightly laughs. "It's just an expression Connor, don't stress about it." He pats Connor's shoulder and strolls back over to his desk, grabbing his keys, heading out to his car. Connor follows him closely, curious as to where he is going. Hank glanced behind him. "Why do you always have to follow me everywhere like a damn puppy?"

"I have been assigned your partner, so I must accompany you."

"Pah. Just don't violate my bubble you got it?"

"Got it."

Hank rolled his eyes and got into his vehicle, Connor getting into the other side. He drives to his house, and glances at Connor. Fucking worrying me to death.... at least he seems fine now.

Connor was looking out the window, the moonlit sky reflecting in his eyes along with the stars, he smiles softly. Hank turns to see and turns slightly red, and quickly faces back at the road. Dammit... quit blushing because of a piece of plastic for fucks sake.

"By the way, Lieutenant, are you English?"

"What?"

"You said "bloody hell" earlier. Are you English?"

"...No? I, eh. Ignore that."

"All right."

Hank parks by the side of the road and gets out, he strolls to his front door and unlocks it, stepping inside. Connor walks up to the door and goes inside as well, Sumo tackling him.

"Ah!!!"

Hank turns to see and laughs slightly. "Looks like Sumo found you then, off Sumo."

Sumo reluctantly huffs and gets off Connor, he trudges over to the living room and plops down. Connor gets up and brushes himself off with a small scowl. "What, he mess up your special suit or something you big baby?" Connor death glared Hank. "No, and I don't see how I am a 'big baby'." Hank chuckles, and smiles. "I'm just messing with you son. Make yourself at home."

•••

Yeahh this chapter was a bit boring, sorry for that!! owo

I'll be a bit more on top of things, I lost some motivation with writing but now I've gained some back uwu

Let me know if you like the series so far! <3