Chapter 22: Cat & Cop

I'm an idiot.

Really I am.

I should have brought my fucking keys with me.

Because Now I'm locked out and there is NO way I'm going back to that fucking party.

I'm not sure how long it had been since I was sitting on my porch. It was cold and I wasn't wearing panties.

Who doesn't wear panties?

Sluts.

Sluts don't wear panties.

The word echoed through my head and the worst part was it was his voice. Jin called me a slut. Yes he defended me...yes he defended Tae, but this hurt.

I was crying...and when I wiped my tears away I looked at my hand to see no smudging. I laughed ironically when I saw a shadow appear.

Jin.

I turned away and wiped the rest of my eyes. "What do you want?" I sniffled out.

"I'm assuming you didn't bring you key with you." He said as he approached me. "And now you're locked out?" he finished as he sat next to me. He put his forearms on his knees as he bend them to sit on the same step as me.

"Yeah."

I heard the soft jingle as he pulled out his key chain with the key I cut him for my apartmet between his thumb and pointer finger. "Need in?"

I didn't want him to come to my rescue. Not again. "I can just break in."

He scoffed at me and lowered his hand again on his knee. It was silence for a few minutes before he spoke again. "What I said was out of line."

I didn't respond.

"I should have never said that...I...I don't think that at all. I was just angry at the moment."

I nodded feeling tears start to pool in my eyes again. I shut them tight feeling the droplets fall down my cheeks. I let my forehead fall in front of me on my arms and then after a few deep breaths I stood up. I saw Jin watch me as I turned towards my door, I wiped off the back of my costume and turned to him. He was still sitting but he was look at me.

"Will you please...open my door. It's cold."

He nodded and made his way to the door. I watched as he slowly unlocked it for me and opened it.

"Thank you." I squeaked barely above a whisper. I went to shut it behind me but he held the door open with is hand.

I looked up at him and he didn't have to ask. I saw in his eyes the plead to let him in. I didn't invite him but merely left the door open as I made my way over to my bed. I sat down and wiped the tears from my face. Damn this is amazing...I'll have to get the recipe for that concoction Jimin made later.

I took a deep breath and looked up to lock eyes with Jin. He also took a deep breath making his way into the apartment closing the door behind him. He didn't walk towards me but instead placed his back to the door and slid down allowing his head to fall into his hands with his elbows on his knees.

We stayed like that for about an hour. Not moving. Not talking. The only thing we could hear was the constant ping of texts and missed calls from both of our phones. The silence was becoming deafening between us and I wanted nothing more but to say something. But I really had nothing to say.

"I'm so sorry, baby." He finally croaked between sobs. I looked over to him and saw the shake of his shoulders. "I'm so so sorry...I never...I didn't mean that. I didn't mean it at all."