Scott took in her words, realizing how much she understand the situation. He felt a wave of appreciation for the girl—it seemed as if everyone else was blaming him for the entire thing. Scott took a step towards the girl. "Can you feel what I'm feeling now?"

Brooke's eyes trailed down his body, reading the physical signals he was giving off. "Frustration."

Scott nodded his head. "You're feeling frustrated, too."

Brooke nodded, noticing him taking another step towards her, their proximity causing their knees to touch. "That I am," she said, voice low.

In a split second, Scott had stepped closer to her, standing between her knees. They stared at each other for a moment, feeling the air crackle between them. Before she could fully comprehend what she was doing, Brooke grabbed Scott's jersey, pulling his lips to hers.

Scott eagerly kissed her back, running his hands down her waist as she threaded her fingers through her hair. A small part of Brooke's brain was screaming at her to stop, but she didn't listen to it. Instead, she let herself get lost in the lips of the boy in front of her.

******

Brooke stood alone in Coach Finstock's office, wondering exactly what she had just done.

She knew she should feel guilty, considering she just made out with her friend's ex-boyfriend, but she didn't. In fact, she almost felt relieved; like she had just let out a breath she'd been holding for a very long time. That made her feel even worse than guilt ever could have.

She made her way to the lacrosse field, trying to fight the smile that was trying to form on her face. Lydia was waiting for her on the bleachers, and her face lit up when she saw her best friend approaching.

"There you are, B!" Lydia called as Brooke neared. "I was starting to think you got another ride home and didn't tell me."

"Sorry, I was in the restroom," Brooke lied, scooting next to Lydia on the metal bench. Lydia looked at Brooke, noticing the flush in her cheeks and the smile she was trying to suppress.

"What are you not telling me?" Lydia asked with narrowed eyes. Brooke looked at her with fake shock on her face.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

Before Lydia could question her further, the sound of two people crashing into each other resonated from the field. Once the team started crowding around a fallen figure, Lydia and Brooke decided they should see what was happening.

"What's happening, is he okay?" Lydia asked Jackson once the girls had made it onto the field. Brooke looked down to see Danny with a bloody nose and winced. She glanced up and found herself making eye contact with Scott. She looked away, blush covering her cheeks.

"Yeah, it looks like he just has a bloody nose," Jackson answered. He turned to look at the girls beside him, but his gaze stopped on Brooke's face.

"What?" she asked, feeling self-conscious.

"Uh, your lipstick's messed up," Jackson said.

Brooke felt a few gazes on her, but she lowered her eyes and reached up to try and fix it. "Weird, wonder how that happened."

When she looked back up, most of the team has dispersed and Lydia was smirking at her. "Oh, B, you have so much to tell me."

Before Brooke could protest, Lydia had snatched her wrist and was pulling her away from the field and towards the parking lot. The girls quickly arrived at Lydia's car and got in. Brooke didn't even have the chance to buckle her seat belt before Lydia turned towards her.